Old 04-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #1

Any advice for newbie buyers considering an XL

My husband and I fell in love with the idea of full-time rv living BUT we have 3 kids, 1 going to college, 1 in HS, and a 3 year old. We were going to get an Entegra or American coach to live in.

We have a lot up in the air the next 3 years so we are looking at the georgetown 377. We wanted the bunks but don't like the lack of washing machine or space they take up.

We are also mostly convinced we are getting the black diamond package, we love the look.

Can anyone provide useful tips about the coaches and what we can expect? We will be weekenders

Old 04-11-2014, 09:13 PM   #2
WisconsinCowboy

We just bought a 352 XL and so far so good. We have young kids and the bunks are perfect. The chassis and build quality seem strong for a gas coach.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Old 04-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
Happy Member

We have a 2013 GT 351 DSF w/ BB's...love it. can't get enough of it and your same thought had crossed our minds......the only difference is we do have a Residential fridge which makes it very convenient when you have a fam w/little ones.
2013 FR GT 351DFS
GT4six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:29 AM   #4

The one we are looking at has the res fridge, w/d, bunk over the can. I wish it had the sofa instead of the chair and table
Old 04-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #5
Happy Member

nice set-up...but I agree. sofa would be better specially with the fam.....
2013 FR GT 351DFS
GT4six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #6

Anyone order theirs?
Old 04-24-2014, 04:51 PM   #7

We just purchased a Georgetown XL 378 and love it! We are still learning but so far everything is A-Okay. We downsized from a Royals International and F650 Supercrewser to this and could not be happier.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:24 PM   #8

We bought an XL 377TS in February. It's a 2013 model so we got what we believe was a very good deal on it. We have taken it out twice and so far for the most part everythig is good. Although the wife absolutely loves it, loves the floor plan, loves the residential fridge and loves everything about it, I am a little hung up on a lot of fixes/repairs that need to be done to it. Nothing major, and everything supposedly under warranty. And yes everybody, I did a thorough PDI and noticed almost all of it at that time. :-) We are dropping it off tomorrow so we will see how happy or unhappy we are after we pick it up in about a month.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:25 PM   #9

My bad

That was suppose to be a reply to the OP and not to the last reply. Still learning!
Old 04-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #10

The XL model have a lot of extra stuff that than the regular Georgetown or the GT. The only downside is that residential refrigerator which is now standard. It runs off of the batteries using a 1,000 watt convertor.
Many people have express disliking it because if you have a bad convertor or batteries have issues you lose power to the refrigerator.

I have a 2012 and it has the 4 door Dometic refrigerator that runs off of 12volt DC/Propane or 100% generator or shore power.

Get a good deal and don't let the dealer make any money.
If it is listed new for $149,000 - $159,000 you should be able to get them down closer to $110,000. Or wait until the 2015s come out and buy a 2014 for about $100.000 or less.

To seal a great deal have the dealer throw in the washer/dryer combo installed. That is worth about $2,000
My dealer did that for us for $750 to seal my deal.

Good luck and hope you find a great deal!

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags