Old 11-21-2019, 10:12 PM   #1
NXR

Anybody know what's new in the 2020.5 Georgetowns?

I think the .5 updates usually come out in the Fall. Unfortunately Forest River's web site is usually a year behind the current model.

The GT5 page still says they use Lippert's MyRV wireless instead of Precision Plex and lists a Pioneer dash stereo instead of the Jensen XRV10. Both were introduced with the 2019.5 model year. (sigh) At least the pictures are now current for the 2020 models.

Ray

Old 11-22-2019, 01:11 PM   #2

The bigger news is the chassis and new 7.3 V-8 and 10 speed auto along with Other upgrades to include smart new driver-assist technologies such as automatic emergency braking as well as additional optional elements of Ford Co-Pilot360 technologies, which encompass adaptive cruise control, electronic stability control, lane departure warning, Driver Alert System and auto high-beam headlamps.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:49 PM   #3
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Guy View Post
The bigger news is the chassis and new 7.3 V-8 and 10 speed auto along with Other upgrades to include smart new driver-assist technologies such as automatic emergency braking as well as additional optional elements of Ford Co-Pilot360 technologies, which encompass adaptive cruise control, electronic stability control, lane departure warning, Driver Alert System and auto high-beam headlamps.
Hopefully. Later articles have said that the 10-speed will not be offered on the F53, at least initially. The driver assist stuff seems to be optional so let's hope it gets offered.

As I've aged I've noticed my reflexes slowing down and other things. My 2016 car has adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning and other assist devices. While I don't rely on those extra safety features as primary, the Blind Spot Detection system has warned me a few times appropriately.

Ray
Old 11-22-2019, 08:56 PM   #4

I agree. I don't need them either but some are nice to have. My wife's Explorer has he blind spot monitor. And on a MH that will be an excellent feature as well as the adaptive CC. The auto high beams could be nice, but most of us travel during the day. Same for stability control. Most MH are driven in nice weather and at lower speeds, so for most that wouldn't be necessary either. We will see how it all works out.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 07:28 PM   #5

Quote:
The bigger news is the chassis and new 7.3 V-8 and 10 speed auto along with Other upgrades,,,

So thats the end of the V-10? Why the need to move away from a time tested engine that everyone knows how to work on and performs well...especially after the 6 speed introduction?
Are there advantages to the new engine that they are talking about vs. the V10?
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:31 AM   #6

Quote:
My guess is that we might see that chassis in the 2021 to 2021.5 lineup of gas motorhomes. Maybe longer. Guess that depends on stock and if Ford will produce the V10 and V8 version at the same time for a bit. As for all the new tech, that will be up to each house builder as to what they want to incorporate as that takes sensor/camera installs etc at various locations on the motorhome.
2019 Georgetown GT5 36B5 towing a 2019 Equinox 4 down
"Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."
EddieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:32 AM   #7
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJ View Post
As for all the new tech, that will be up to each house builder as to what they want to incorporate as that takes sensor/camera installs etc at various locations on the motorhome.
"as that takes figuring out what the market will pay".

Ray

Tags
georgetown