Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I think Jack antennas came out with a permanent mount. Try ebay or Amazon.
I was looking at the Jack Antenna and made by King Controls. I like it because you still can rotate and has a build in direction finder. I think they call it a batwing.

King Controls OA8201
Jack Digital HDTV Antenna

I found it for $116 and free shipping

JACK® Digital HDTV Over-The-Air Antenna w/Built in Signal Finder - Black [JACK_OA8201] - $116.42
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	22-1486.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	40037   Click image for larger version

Name:	jack-Antenna-inside.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	40038  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #22

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I was looking at the Jack Antenna and made by King Controls. I like it because you still can rotate and has a build in direction finder. I think they call it a batwing.

King Controls OA8201

JACK® Digital HDTV Over-The-Air Antenna w/Built in Signal Finder - Black [JACK_OA8201] - $116.42

Given that most things should serve more than one purpose do you think it would make a good spoiler and hold the TT to the road.....
Old 09-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Given that most things should serve more than one purpose do you think it would make a good spoiler and hold the TT to the road.....
If I install 4 on all corners I will fly down the road and be 20,000 lbs lighter and get 42 mpg. Yah right.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Kat View Post
We have a Winegard RS-3000 mounted on our 2014 and it works great. We've never had a problem pulling in all of the stations we normally get at home.
Odd. I believe I have this too since I too have a 2014 Georgetown. Only got 3 channels at home and none of the normal local station. Very weird. And yes, booster is on too etc.
Lvnlife1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #25
Denver, CO

Quote:

King Controls OA8201

I think the JACK antenna is awesome.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #26

I just replaced my crank up antenna with the Jack antenna. I get the same channels but I don't have to worry about cranking up and down anymore. Other than that there's not much reason to change.

2013 Forest River Wildcat Maxx 26BHS
2011 Infinity QX56
maverick_415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #27

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
have a question regarding these satellite antennas. I have two on my roof, a winegard and a kingdome, in order to receive channels do I need a receiver too? thinking about buying a 211K receiver from Dish but wondering if channels can be had without this receiver.
Guys and Gals: I have spent hours reading these forums and have learnt so much, will be a big help when we travel to Florida for the winter...Thank You All.

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #28
Retired US Army CW4

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Yankee View Post
have a question regarding these satellite antennas. I have two on my roof, a winegard and a kingdome, in order to receive channels do I need a receiver too? thinking about buying a 211K receiver from Dish but wondering if channels can be had without this receiver. Guys and Gals: I have spent hours reading these forums and have learnt so much, will be a big help when we travel to Florida for the winter...Thank You All.
I'm a little confused. Do you have two satellite dishes or one satellite dish and one "over the air" antenna? You DO need a receiver to use the Kingdome to get satellite channels. Before you buy a box you should ensure that the satellite is set up for Dish network and if not, you can change the software or dip switches to get that service.
Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #29

When I picked my 27rls Salem I got 0 channels fitst time. Took back to dealer they found out a screw on cable tie down had gone through cable on roof. They replaced cable and got 22 stations that day. Check all cables on roof and ant. Good luck
2013 so far 48 days
geodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #30

Quote:
have a question regarding these satellite antennas. I have two on my roof, a winegard and a kingdome, in order to receive channels do I need a receiver too? thinking about buying a 211K receiver from Dish but wondering if channels can be had without this receiver. Guys and Gals: I have spent hours reading these forums and have learnt so much, will be a big help when we travel to Florida for the winter...Thank You All.
I'm sure the 211k receiver will work with your KingDome, but keep in mind that it has only one tuner in it (one channel at a time), whereas some of the KingDome dishes support more than one (eg, for two TVs). Which KingDome model do you have?
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #31

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
I spent yesterday morning with a Dish Network Tech learning about the use of these antennas. Amazing what we can find out within a hour with someone who works on these. I have the King-Dome 9702-LP and does require a receiver. The other antenna is a Winegard RS-1500, that does not require a separate receiver. However it can not work with the Sanyo TV that is in the RV, that means I need a newer TV. Now the old TV's were a 4:3 screen ratio and the new LED/LCD TV's are 16:9. So the opening for the old TV will not accept the new ones unless I change the cabinet design. Just not a quick change over.
Thank you for the replies, next project?

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #32

Quote:
I spent yesterday morning with a Dish Network Tech learning about the use of these antennas. Amazing what we can find out within a hour with someone who works on these. I have the King-Dome 9702-LP and does require a receiver. The other antenna is a Winegard RS-1500, that does not require a separate receiver. However it can not work with the Sanyo TV that is in the RV, that means I need a newer TV. Now the old TV's were a 4:3 screen ratio and the new LED/LCD TV's are 16:9. So the opening for the old TV will not accept the new ones unless I change the cabinet design. Just not a quick change over.
Thank you for the replies, next project?
Just a clarification.
You do know the flat Winegard flat dish is for local TV and NOT Satellite.
It should be able to hookup to any TV that has a coax connector and nothing special. You do have to turn the amp on by pushing the button on the faceplate that has the round 12volt big circle plug.
You do know that... Right?
Wonder why the guys says it won't work on your Sanyo TV?
Did he ever tell you why?
Was the little box switched to local antenna and not SAT?

Now the King Dome is your SAT antenna and yes you need a receiver box to run as well as turning power on for it to operate.
If you know this you are on your way... Great!
Old 09-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #33
Denver, CO

Quote:

Just a clarification.
You do know the flat Winegard flat dish is for local TV and NOT Satellite.
It should be able to hookup to any TV that has a coax connector and nothing special. You do have to turn the amp on by pushing the button on the faceplate that has the round 12volt big circle plug.
You do know that... Right?
Wonder why the guys says it won't work on your Sanyo TV?
Did he ever tell you why?
Was the little box switched to local antenna and not SAT?

Now the King Dome is your SAT antenna and yes you need a receiver box to run as well as turning power on for it to operate.
If you know this you are on your way... Great!
It won't work without a digital set top box if it is a predigital TV, How old is the camper? A set top box is cheap, but you also might need a antenna change to bring in the digital channels best. The Jack antenna, a=can be attached to the current antenna mechanism and do that.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #34

I added the Winegard Wingman to my crankup and it made a world of difference.
johnnypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #35

I have the top of the line Wingard Directv dish but there are places where I cannot get a shot to the sky. At that time I use the roof antenna. My rig came with the standard bat wing antenna. I got 1 or 2 stations at best. If you want to improve your over the air reception try the Jack Antenna. Using the Jack I now get 12 to 30 channels depending on location. half are Hi Def and this unit is great. It is made by King Controls. You will need a digital TV.
intercept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by intercept View Post
I have the top of the line Wingard Directv dish but there are places where I cannot get a shot to the sky. At that time I use the roof antenna. My rig came with the standard bat wing antenna. I got 1 or 2 stations at best. If you want to improve your over the air reception try the Jack Antenna. Using the Jack I now get 12 to 30 channels depending on location. half are Hi Def and this unit is great. It is made by King Controls. You will need a digital TV.
"If you want to improve your over the air reception try" adding the Wingman to your basic bat wing.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #37

I did the wingman and got 2 more stations. In my area the jack is far better
Old 09-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #38
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by intercept View Post
I did the wingman and got 2 more stations. In my area the jack is far better
The Jack appears to me to work excellently. it is small and hooks right onto the winguard mechanism . I couldn't be happier. I really does help to have an attenna signal meter to fine tune the system and one of the over the air maps from the FTC to see what stations are available and in what directions.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #39

If you have an I phone there is an app that is called TV Towers USA.
it is either free or 2 dollars. It shows you the tv towers and has an antenna pointer on your location dot. You point the phone to the towers and position the antenna the same as the phone. It is a very handy app to have with the jack.
BTW
The flat end of the jack is the front and the pointed end is the back.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #40
Mature Citizen

Antenna Amplifier

Where is said antenna amplifier. Nothing I have read in the owner's manuals talk about it.

Darlene, Ralph and Pippin
LTC (USA Retired), W7TLD
2023 - 199 days, 6966 miles
2013 - 2019 - 901 days & 37171 miles
2013 Georgetown XL 378 TS, 2014 Honda CRV
downeyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, roo, roof