Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2019, 04:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
They tried a Lego-like system here in the Research Triangle. Adhesive-backed plastic lane markers with raised knobs. The first year and a half were good. Then it snowed and the snowplows came through. The ditches were full of plastic shreds for years.
I haven’t got out to look at them but they are not stick on. Looks like they dug a small groove crossways with about 6-8 inches between them. I do know they are really noisy and you’ll definitely know when driving on them.

I’ll attempt to get a picture.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:07 PM   #22
Half-Timer

My son has one which saved a lot of problems just before Thanksgiving while driving through Atlanta. A lady side swiped him and immediately tried to tell the State Trooper my son had weaponized his truck and 5th wheel. Son showed the State Trooper dash camera video which showed the lady completely in the wrong. Without the dash camera it would have been he said/she said.

I also have a dash camera and hope I never have to use the video from it.

SOB
ptylerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:52 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptylerp View Post
My son has one which saved a lot of problems just before Thanksgiving while driving through Atlanta. A lady side swiped him and immediately tried to tell the State Trooper my son had weaponized his truck and 5th wheel. Son showed the State Trooper dash camera video which showed the lady completely in the wrong. Without the dash camera it would have been he said/she said.

It’s Atlanta. One can expect stuff like that to happen....a lot.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:52 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptylerp View Post

I sometimes wonder, if when dealing with one of these liars, we shouldn't just let them keep talking and get it all under oath. THEN lower the boom and insist on perjury charges being laid.
Cold Lake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:55 AM   #25
Trailer Park Supervisor

Yeah, that would be nice, but nobody gets punished anymore. And when they DO lower the boom, there seems to be an increasingly vocal segment of society saying THEY are the victims. The indifference to law and order, and astounding number of people who believe the laws do not apply to them (just look around at people texting while driving) has become a social disease. Sorry for sidetracking thread, but I had to rant this morning.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:04 PM   #26

Apeman

I've had this one for about a year and am well pleased with it.
https://www.amazon.com/APEMAN-Record.../dp/B07DLG9GFG

About 6 weeks ago while driving here in south Alabama I happened on a Bald Eagle feasting on some road kill. I was surprised but didn't think about the camera until late that same evening. I reviewed the many files stored on it's SD card and found the video. I was impressed.
champ837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:24 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbymac View Post
Once while making a left turn on a green arrow, I was almost hit by someone who jumped the light. Had there been an accident, it would have been my fault for making a left turn.
You had the arrow! How would it be your fault if he jumped the light?

Where ever you go there you are
grumpyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 03:50 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfan1981 View Post
I drive one of those new cars that have forward collision prevention, lane departure warning, and alert when car in front pulls away. I really like having the extra protection and since this was not available in 2017 when I bought the RV, I have thought and hoped this would be available when I buy the next motor home.

Well, I just saw this little device that does all of this exempt auto braking (warning is good enough) and also includes a camera. Wow! I just found my xmas present.

A Garmin Dash Cam 66W current on sale for 219.00 dollars at several places.

Does anyone use a dash cam or any other warning or braking system on your RV? Opinions?
Yes, I have the Garmin Dash Cam 55 and it was driving me nuts in the city and very distracting so I disabled the warnings. Never bothered to turn them back on again.
harleyfltri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 09:13 PM   #29

I have an Alexa Garmin dash cam that is great. When something happends in front of me I can either tell ALexa to save a picture or save the video. Doing that will preserve the picture or video from being overwriten.
rrtwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 11:31 PM   #30

Amazon Prime plus Christmas stocking stuffer needed has led me to purchase one of these little dash cameras for our next adventure. Sure hope it records a very boring travel life forever in our care ....

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 04:56 AM   #31

I use the Garmin Dash Cam 55.

The lane change warning are annoying, but the Forward Collision Warning is good for when car in front pulls away. It will let you know when stalled traffic is moving again.

I like the voice command. IE: You can use, "Garmin, Save video."

The newer Garmin Dash Cams have bluetooth control from your cell/tablet.

I have a sub question:
Has anyone placed their Dash Cam inside the wiper area?
I started a new thread in FR3 sub forum: Where do you mount your Dash Cam?
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote