Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2014, 05:23 PM   #1

Anyone here from forest river Georgetown XL division?

If so, can you send me a private message, no way to reach out to you guys by emails on website.
2015 Georgetown XL 350TS FireMist | Firestone Ride Rite 4 corners air bags | Koni’s FSD Shocks | Safe T Plus | BlueOx Rear Track| 5 Star Tuned | Centramatic's Wheel Balancers | Best handling Georgetown XL Bare None !!!
Johnnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
Site Team

i don't think we have any members that are Georgetown reps.

we have only a handful of FR reps that are brave enough to be members here.

as it says at the bottom: "ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions."
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #3

I trying to buy a 2015 Georgetown XL 350TS but I can't seem to find the detail about 2015 model. My dealer only had a 2013 brochure and even on the web the brochure is an outdated one without all the options :-(

It's always scary to put buy something without actually had a chance to see it in real life or good pictures.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnya View Post
I trying to buy a 2015 Georgetown XL 350TS but I can't seem to find the detail about 2015 model. My dealer only had a 2013 brochure and even on the web the brochure is an outdated one without all the options :-(

It's always scary to put buy something without actually had a chance to see it in real life or good pictures.

2015's don't come out until September or October.
They don't even know what they will have yet.
Usually the ear mark late 2014's as 2015's so be aware.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:58 PM   #5

good to know, they wanted 3,000$ for a new order as it was suppose to be delivered in July as a 2015 model!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnya View Post
good to know, they wanted 3,000$ for a new order as it was suppose to be delivered in July as a 2015 model!
You can probably get a better deal on a 2014 if you plan to buy in the next 4-6 months. FYI is you haven't read here that you can easily take 30% off whatever they are selling it for. I always go low on my first offer then come up a little but never pay what they want. They still make plenty of money no matter what they sell it for.
Good luck and be tuff with them and be ready to walk if they won't deal.
Trust me they will stop you on the way out to the parking lot.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:50 PM   #7

I'm getting a 2015 G'town delivered in 2 weeks. It HAS distinct cosmetic differences from last years model and will be labled as a 2015...though I'm sure the F53 chassis is a 2014. Also some items which were optional in 2014 are now standard (with a price increase implemented as well (mine was up $6k from the base price listed at the Tampa show in January so about 5% BUT actually less since things like 50 amp, Onan 5000 are now standard.). So I think everything on the standard G/town line has been switched to the 2015 look though they may have a new floor plan held back till September.
Can't speak for the XL line.
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:10 AM   #8

i am picking up my '14 XL 350TS this morning in TX. typing this on the plane as i travel (gotta love gogo inflight). my dealer has two '15's on the lot that i looked at. they are '15 coaches on '14 chassis, and are the "black diamond" edition XL 350TS's. i would not consider them as i don't like the interior, but the dealer has '15's on the lot with more coming in the coming weeks. there are some differences between the '14's and '15's in the XL line, but not much (all cosmetic, as best i can tell). there are bigger differences between early build '14's and later build 14's, so check the date of production on the unit you are looking at. for instance, the extra battery compartment by the entrance on an XL 350 TS and the ability to add the front drop down bunk after the fact if not included as a factory option, for just two starters.

i would not buy one without seeing it and driving it, hence my flight 2 weeks ago to TX to the dealer to do said actions and haggle price. now 2 weeks later i fly back down to get it and drive her home to CT as a 1800 mile shakedown run. it was great being able to look at and drive 4 different models of coachmen and georgetown coaches and literally line them up side by each and compare and contrast them. i can't imagine making a 100k buying decision without doing it, so i highly recommend you do it at a dealer(s) that have the ability to accomplish this for you.

just my .02 cents....

Front & Rear Roadmaster Sway Bars
Koni Shocks
Front and Rear Sumo Springs Jounce Replacement
willingtonpaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, georgetown