We have owned and lived in our GT 378XL for 5 months now and am looking at taking advantage of the wasted spaces such as
1. TV Cabinet space above fireplace.
I removed the TV to install the wireless JOEY behind the TV and was amazed at how much wasted space is available. I would like to like to remove the top cabinet frame and make this space open and place TV on a stand. This would also allow room for Blue ray and other items.
I have checked the threads and cannot find any mods on the removing the top cabinet to make the space, so checking to see if anyone has done this kind of mod.
I saw a fireplace with the cabinet removed and shelves were in the wood frame around the fireplace. I do not know if it was an older GT model that was set up like this, but would like to have my modified to resemble something similar.
2. Bedroom TV - same. But found a great thread on this mod that I will use.
3. Above on top of fridge. wasted space and plan on removing top strip and make space available.
Additional plans include:
1. additional shelves in the medicine cabinet.
2. No oven, so pullout shelves will be placed there.
3. Found some great threads on pushing the false walls back that over hoses and pipes.
4. replace cheap dinette table.
5. replace loveseat with quality wallhugger lazyboy loveseat.
I am open to other ideas and will let the readers know how my TV cabinet stand works out.
BTW: The DISH Wireless Joeys installed on the Main TV and bedroom TV work great and no cables.
Thanks and looking for some feedback or ideas.