Old 05-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #1

Anyone tried installing air springs on a 378ts?

I want to install air springs on my '09 378ts (F53, 22000 GVWR), but there appears to be a problem on the passenger side rear. Lines for the leveling jacks and a gas line run along the frame rail and are protected by a metal enclosure. I think this would interfere with installing the upper bracket of the air spring. Has anyone run into this problem or have any info that might help?

raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Firestone Industrial Products Company

You can download the installation instructions for the air springs and see what they say. I installed mine a few years ago and had no problems.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:35 PM   #3

I did download the instructions. That's what made me wonder. Viewing the instructions, it appears the upper bracket mounts near the top of the frame rail. If that's the case, there are things in the way that would be difficult to reroute. The 370 & 378 may be different in that respect. Hopefully, someone with a 378 has tried it and can provide some feedback. Thanks for your reply though.
By the way, did they help the ride of your coach?
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoulwv View Post
I did download the instructions. That's what made me wonder. Viewing the instructions, it appears the upper bracket mounts near the top of the frame rail. If that's the case, there are things in the way that would be difficult to reroute. The 370 & 378 may be different in that respect. Hopefully, someone with a 378 has tried it and can provide some feedback. Thanks for your reply though.
By the way, did they help the ride of your coach?
They took all of the rocking away when a truck would pass by. Definitely made the ride much more enjoyable. I keep my paasenger side about 5 pounds heavier than the driver's side so the roll of the road to the shoulders doesn't give that feeling of leaning to the curb. Left turns don't feel like the right nose is diving. I'm very glad I added them.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #5

I had a ford chassis on my 2005 mh and now have a ford again on my new Georgetown 360...I am so pleased with the changes. The ride and handling is so much better...incredible..the engine as well is more powerful. We drove it home from the dealer 160 miles away, and we are impressed that the unit has no rattles...impressive...now if FR could only spend and extra 2 bucks and put the water heater bypass in a proper place and rectify the step issue, all would be well with the world.

Tags
378ts