Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2016, 06:05 PM   #1
2006 Georgetown 340

Smile Anyone using Everstart Maxx 65

Planning to replace our coach batteries. Looking at AGM vs. non-AGM, Interstate, Exide Motorcraft, etc. Has anyone used the EVERSTART inexpensive batteries from Walmart? Will they last just as long as the AGM batteries 2x as expensive?

Thanks in advance!!
compint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:43 AM   #2
toolman_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by compint View Post
Planning to replace our coach batteries. Looking at AGM vs. non-AGM, Interstate, Exide Motorcraft, etc. Has anyone used the EVERSTART inexpensive batteries from Walmart? Will they last just as long as the AGM batteries 2x as expensive?

Thanks in advance!!
Yes, with mixed results. I've not had a good experience with Walmart (at various locations) when the battery doesn't perform well.

No, AGM batteries are much better. (Based on using AGMs in my motorcycles)

If you have a Costco or Sams Club membership, suggest you look there. I buy Costco batteries if available for use--they're usually highly rated by consumer reports and they have the best (as far as I've found) replacement warranty.
toolman_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #3

I have had several Wal-mart deep cycle batteries. When I was looking they had a 2 year warranty and most others have 12 months. I have NO experience in dry camping so I am only speaking of regular use of battery. There are Wal-marts all around me, so warranty would never be an issue. I let my boat set up(18 months) and new the batteries would be bad... Wrong one out of three were and Wal-mart replaced it no questions asked. They are everywhere, the warranty was good and the price was good. Easy choice for me.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by compint View Post

Thanks in advance!!
i have used Napa and Walmart group 27 batteries. Good results with both. I would hazard a guess that Johnson Control make both. The Walmart batteries used to be Exide branded.
nicholsonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:38 AM   #5
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

I have used nEverstart before but they don't hold up. For the last 10 years or so I buy batteries based on who gives the best warranty. Lately I buy from Autozone since they offer a 5 year replacement.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote