Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeystamper View Post
Fairenatic,
You are right, but my Good Sam Deluxe card saves me $.05 on gas and $.10 on propane. I am traveling with a 37 foot motor home with a tow dolly loaded with a Ford Escape so backing up is not an option. When traveling I usually stop at a Walmart or Flying J for the night and do not want to drop the tow just to get fuel. The dedicated fuel lanes are nice and wide and situated where you can pull in and pull out with easy.
I should also mention, I use Google Earth when routing a trip. I look at fuel stops and campgrounds so I usually know the layout of things before I leave home. We all, at one time or another, have booked a campground based on the their photos, only to get their to discover with horror that the photos fell way short of your expectations. Google Earth is great for getting a birds eye view of things. After all RVing is supposed to be an easy laid back experience. The less surprises the better.
x2! I use google maps in sat mode to do the same thing Mickeystamper. I like to know the best way in and best way out before I even attemp some places. Obviously, truck stops are easy for RV 's if they have RV lanes. I use diesel so I just use the truck lanes. Easy, easy, easy and most times much faster than the RV lanes. I also am a Good SAMs premium member. Worth every extra penny for convenience and lack of added stress.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 03:53 PM   #22

inrix and 5-0 radio

inrix shows traffic in your area with construction and accidents. 5-0 Radio is basically a scanner.
GlennSchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 03:56 PM   #23

Dalford - Thank you for all the information. You've been very helpful. I've checked out their website and will likely purchase the app. We're planning a fall trip to Colorado and we're very interested in what the various roads/highways are like. Again, thanks for your good explanation!