Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #1

Arctic pac in 360

Can someone please explain the artic PAC to me? Where does the power come from? Had my coach for 2 weeks and the person at the dealer did not even speak to it. I assume its a way to keep something from freezing during implement weather but that's it. Thanks.
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbryant View Post
Can someone please explain the artic PAC to me? Where does the power come from? Had my coach for 2 weeks and the person at the dealer did not even speak to it. I assume its a way to keep something from freezing during implement weather but that's it. Thanks.

The switch for the Artic Pak should be on your control panel with water pump etc.
If you turn it on it supplies 12 volts from your coach batteries to electric pads on your storage tanks. You may also see tin foil around water elbows as well as behind the refrigerator if you have water in door and ice maker.

With the switch ON it will only go on when temps get low enough. Turns on at 44 degrees and turns off at 65 degrees. If you are at a campground your batteries will be recharged. If you have the switch on sitting in the driveway it will work until your coach batteries go dead.

I have attached the only document on the ArticPak.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	43680  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Artic Pack FR Document.pdf (1.32 MB, 151 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #3

So it pulls power from coach batteries? And these batteries are charging themselves whenever coach is plugged in to shore power?
Old 12-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #4

Quote:
So it pulls power from coach batteries? And these batteries are charging themselves whenever coach is plugged in to shore power?
I have never seen a "self charging" battery, but yes when plugged in the batteries are being charged.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Yes.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #6

This is really good info. But one more "dumb" question (I know the only dumb question is the question not asked). When you say storage tanks, all the storage tanks, black, gray and fresh water?
Old 12-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #7

Quote:
This is really good info. But one more "dumb" question (I know the only dumb question is the question not asked). When you say storage tanks, all the storage tanks, black, gray and fresh water?

I believe all of them but I have never checked.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #8

Thank y'all so much. Heading out to my RV and turning that thing on!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Thank y'all so much. Heading out to my RV and turning that thing on!
You definitely do not want the tanks to freeze. On the 360 there are tanks for the forward and tanks for the master in the back.
RobKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #10

Yes the walk thru person did point out holding tanks for both bathrooms. And we have actually camped in it this past weekend. I don't know if she didn't know the product or she just needed to go some place else. Very poor job.

I really do appreciate all the info given to me by everyone. My artic PAC is on.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #11

I posted this on another thread too, but I'm not sure if the artic pack addresses the fresh water tanks, or just the holding tanks and waste lines. In our coach, the fresh water tank is in an insulated, heated compartment so placing artic pack heaters on it would be redundant. I've seen the heating pads on the holding tanks, and also on the elbow fittings of the waste lines.

Whew...all this talk of artic packs and freezing temps before Christmas. Makes me want to heath south. Again!
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #12

The document posted by Iggy clearly describes installation on "exposed" fresh water tanks so, I would presume the Georgetown fresh water tanks are protected. Note that it does say there must be liquid in the tanks. Kinda self explanatory but a caution nonetheless.

Just a thought....is there water in the inlet tube to the fresh water tank after draining for winter? If so, is there danger of freezing? I don't think I have ever addressed that question when I winterize...

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bend302 View Post
The document posted by Iggy clearly describes installation on "exposed" fresh water tanks so, I would presume the Georgetown fresh water tanks are protected. Note that it does say there must be liquid in the tanks. Kinda self explanatory but a caution nonetheless.

Just a thought....is there water in the inlet tube to the fresh water tank after draining for winter? If so, is there danger of freezing? I don't think I have ever addressed that question when I winterize...

Bill
Gravity should remove any water still in the fresh water fill line, but to be sure a simple puff of 20psi from an air compressor would remove any doubt
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote