Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2011, 05:44 AM   #1

Arctic Pac / Winterization

Hello everyone, Newbie here wondering if you can use your arctic pak during winter storage in lieu of winterizing. The coach would be connected to shore power and have a supplemental heater inside as well. Also how much power does the Arctic pac require and would a 15 amp circuit be sufficient. Thanks in advance
zimmy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:48 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

What type of unit are you talking about? The arctic pak has the heater pads for the tanks and the drain elbows near the termination. As for the water lines you would need to leave the cabinet doors open but That won't help in the water pump area if you have a Georgetown. There's a channel in there that allows some heat when the furnace runs to get into that area. Then there's the water heater which might present another issue. Personally I'd use compressed air and blow out the lines, drain the water heater and pour antifreeze in the sinks and shower. I usually pour a little in the toilet to cover the drain and keep the seals moist.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:09 AM   #3

Thanks for the input. My unit is a georgetown and I would like to use it occasionaly during the winter months. Just trying to avoid the winterization process each time.
zimmy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:41 AM   #4

I would not skip winterizing.. imho
2009 Weimaraner "Dog"
onequicksportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy56 View Post
Hello everyone, Newbie here wondering if you can use your arctic pak during winter storage in lieu of winterizing. The coach would be connected to shore power and have a supplemental heater inside as well. Also how much power does the Arctic pac require and would a 15 amp circuit be sufficient. Thanks in advance
Cfsoistman said it all. There are places in a Georgetown that does not get heat. It needs to be winterized. It can get to be expensive replacing those water lines at $125.00 an hour at the RV repair shop.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #6

Winterizing is the way to go. In my part of the world where it hits -40F we never think of using compressed air...it is anitfreeze everywhere. Then you know you are safe.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote