Old 07-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhanson View Post
Hi, sorry for reviving an old topic but it's along the same lines.

I picked up a 350TS from RVdirect in Orlando earlier this month. It didn't have the Arctic package on the order sheet but I think I got lucky, especially since I live in MN. I see heating pads installed on the tanks and there are 3 wires for what appear to be the pads pulled up to the command center that are not hooked up to anything. There just is no switch. I dont see any consistency in the wire coloring on the other switches and I'm a bit scared to go poking around with my multimeter in there with no obvious ground. Does anyone know what the wire colors are?

Yellow
Orange
White

I talked with Mike Burns at forest river and he guessed, white = ground, Orange = power, Yellow = pads but i'd like to be sure.

Thanks
I'll check this weekend what's hooked up in mine and let you know. I'll also check to see if there's a fuse dedicated at the panel for it as well. I do know that the illuminated switch used to activate them is 12 volts. I had to get a replacement because the bulb burnt out. I just wonder if the wiring includes the built in thermostats that activate the heating pads when it gets to 44 degrees and the switch is on.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #12
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I checked the wiring to the Arctic Pack. I have a white wire going to ground ( this goes on the top spade connection on the switch) a yellow-power wire (this goes on the middle spade connection on the switch) and a brown wire - to the pads ( goes to the bottom spade connection on the switch) I unplugged the brown wire with the switch in the on position and the lamp stayed lit.
The wiring in my case is connected in the panel to Circuit 9 at the bottom, which is a 20 amp fuse and includes the water heater electronic ignitor. There are a couple spare places in the panel as well where a seperate fuse and circuit could attach if you want to wire it seperately. Hope this helps. Let me know if there's anything else I can check in regards to the Arctic Pack. I didn't receive any info from FR initially about the A-Pack but they mailed me a makeshift paper about it.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:58 PM   #13

Thank you very much! Mike from FR got back to me and it sounds like at some point they realized this coach was not suppose to have the arctic pac. He said the gray and black elbows should have heaters on them which they don't so it appears the job was only half done. It's a start at least.