Old 11-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenK View Post
+1, but I think he meant bubbles...I was hoping someone would ask!
Shadepro. www.shadepro.net. Not cheap but made specifically for electric awnings. Section shown rolls up with awning (slides into awning tube slot and velcro'd in place) and there is a 4 foot add on section (zippers on) that comes with it plus storage bag. We like it.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:24 PM   #12

Somewhat related, I'm curious as to the reasoning of why some folks feel the need to put jack pads and even blocks underneath the leveler feet when on a relatively level concrete site. Theories?

Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #13
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43D18 View Post
Somewhat related, I'm curious as to the reasoning of why some folks feel the need to put jack pads and even blocks underneath the leveler feet when on a relatively level concrete site. Theories?
I was just thinking about that yesterday, guy next to me has 2EA 4X4 blocks under all 4 corners of his TT, smooth flat & level concrete pads. Seems an odd thing considering anything between the steel pad and the ground is only going to add instability.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43D18 View Post

Some high end RV parks I have stayed at require pads or blocks be used on their concrete or paver sites. Otherwise I only use them for very uneven sites.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:16 AM   #15

Interesting. I can't fathom the purpose on concrete. Totally understand on soft surfaces and asphault.
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:53 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMFl View Post
Some high end RV parks I have stayed at require pads or blocks be used on their concrete or paver sites. Otherwise I only use them for very uneven sites.
I have been to some parks that did require blocks to be used even though the site is concrete. However; the blocks were only required under stabilizers and levelers that had a very small footprint (some don't have pads). They can cause damage to the site (gouge marks). No blocks were required under my Lippert levelers which have an 8" footprint.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:25 AM   #17

I seem to recall reading somewhere on this forum that the less the jacks are extended, the less rocking...Blocks could be used for that reason, I guess.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #18
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
I seem to recall reading somewhere on this forum that the less the jacks are extended, the less rocking...Blocks could be used for that reason, I guess.
Thats what I've heard too. The less the legs are extended the less movement. We use railroad tie blocks with our camper
Old 11-28-2014, 10:28 AM   #19
Tim & Lisa Trempert

There is a reason I bought auto levelers. Pull in, push the button, forget about it. I've never had a problem. Sometimes my wheels come off the ground and sometimes they don't. Doesn't bother me either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 11-28-2014, 08:52 PM   #20

Quote:
X3

I always use nice large blocks on every surface anyway. Just a habit. And, it keeps the jack extend to a min. Don't have auto level so I am out several times to check jack positions. Not really a big deal..

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling