Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2016, 05:16 PM   #1

Auto tuning tv's

I have new 2017 364ts I can auto turn the tv in the galley no problems. When I try and auto tune the tv in the master it doesn't pick up anything. I haven't tried any of the other 3 tv's yet. Is something I need to switch it get that signal to the back tv?
Old 06-24-2016, 02:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouownbeer View Post
I have new 2017 364ts I can auto turn the tv in the galley no problems. When I try and auto tune the tv in the master it doesn't pick up anything. I haven't tried any of the other 3 tv's yet. Is something I need to switch it get that signal to the back tv?
I assume the black box on the top right front compartment is set to TV?
I also assume you're powering on the antenna in that same compartment which then lights up the antenna in the center of the galley?

If yes to all of those, check your coax connections to that TV, they are under the left side bedroom drawers on the floor and also behind the middle cabinet in the front cabin, take off that panel and you'll see them all there.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Have same issue with "Seiki tv" in bedroom. It's OK on antenna but can not tune cable stations with some campgrounds/cable providers. Seiki has a tuner not compatible with some cable providers. No problem with my Furrion tvs.
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:24 AM   #4

I've also read on these forums that FR will give you a budget to replace that TV. Just call them and mention the digital cable tuning issue and they'll have you send it back and cut you a check to go buy a new one.

I was hoping they'd picked a new TV model for the 2017 bedroom TVs but apparently no luck. Does anybody know if they changed anything on the 2017 model?
carmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Sounds Silly, but make sure the TV is set to Antenna or Over the Air and not Cable in the settings. that will make a difference in the way it tunes channels
Old 06-24-2016, 10:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbailey13 View Post
Sounds Silly, but make sure the TV is set to Antenna or Over the Air and not Cable in the settings. that will make a difference in the way it tunes channels
It is all the settings are the same as the front tv it just won't find any channels on the auto scan. I did front tv worked fine when to back one did same process and it won't fine anything. I'm check the wires next.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
I assume the black box on the top right front compartment is set to TV?
I also assume you're powering on the antenna in that same compartment which then lights up the antenna in the center of the galley?

If yes to all of those, check your coax connections to that TV, they are under the left side bedroom drawers on the floor and also behind the middle cabinet in the front cabin, take off that panel and you'll see them all there.
Yes I went from front tv that worked straight to the back tv and it wouldn't pick up anything
Old 06-24-2016, 10:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Yes I went from front tv that worked straight to the back tv and it wouldn't pick up anything
Are you trying to tune OTA antenna or cable?
Old 06-24-2016, 10:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmex View Post
Are you trying to tune OTA antenna or cable?
OTA antenna. For both. Been camping for 10 years very familiar with the auto tune functions. I just didn't know if there was a selector for the back tv sperate from the front. Like the selector box in the overhead cabinet up front
Old 06-24-2016, 10:28 AM   #10

Quote:
OTA antenna. For both. Been camping for 10 years very familiar with the auto tune functions. I just didn't know if there was a selector for the back tv sperate from the front. Like the selector box in the overhead cabinet up front
Ok, just asking because of the known issue with digital cable and that bedroom TV, but that doesn't apply to you in this case.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:11 AM   #11
Site Team

It doesn't sound like the TV is the problem but a quick way to check would simply to be to swap the TVs and see if the same problem occurs.

If it does, it's likely a loose connection in the coax somewhere.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:16 AM   #12

Quote:
I've also read on these forums that FR will give you a budget to replace that TV. Just call them and mention the digital cable tuning issue and they'll have you send it back and cut you a check to go buy a new one.

I was hoping they'd picked a new TV model for the 2017 bedroom TVs but apparently no luck. Does anybody know if they changed anything on the 2017 model?
Carmex thanks for your reply I found some issues/answers on this forum and other on -line sources I Hope to have this corrected at the rally We will see
I ve taken our MH back to Camping World twice under warranty. They twice swapped out this model with the same model. Problem continued with cable tuning CW said wiring ok and Shrugged shoulders. This was after I did research on line and called campgrounds visited to identify their different cable providers
For everybody else reading this - IT'S THE TUNER! I told CW it was the tuner. In my Seiki bedroom TV. CW 👎 Not helpful nor concerned in service dept. and one replacement had damaged speakers- they never tested the install. I did call the Forest River sales person for this CW he never returned my call
Old 06-24-2016, 11:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
It doesn't sound like the TV is the problem but a quick way to check would simply to be to swap the TVs and see if the same problem occurs.

If it does, it's likely a loose connection in the coax somewhere.
See my previous response Its the tuner in my unit bedroom TV. The three other tvs are Furrion brand tvs and every thing is A-OK with them. Camping world said my cables were OK
Old 06-24-2016, 11:34 AM   #14

Interesting, my CW here doesn't sell Georgetowns. Figured it was the same everywhere. Wonder how they decide which models to carry
Old 06-24-2016, 04:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Interesting, my CW here doesn't sell Georgetowns. Figured it was the same everywhere. Wonder how they decide which models to carry
Unbenounce to me at the time of purchase it was a one year thing at my CW. LaMesa RV next door to CW had Georgetowns for awhile and gave up contract. then CW had them one year and now the GTs are down the road Abt 7 miles at Palm RV In March of this year I was at a mini FROG Rally. A production mgr from FR stated that he had changed the pricing to dealers - offering $ rebates based on sales while some dealers wanted deep discounts from FR from the get go Thus the movement of the GT
Old 06-24-2016, 04:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoclaws View Post
Unbenounce to me at the time of purchase it was a one year thing at my CW. LaMesa RV next door to CW had Georgetowns for awhile and gave up contract. then CW had them one year and now the GTs are down the road Abt 7 miles at Palm RV In March of this year I was at a mini FROG Rally. A production mgr from FR stated that he had changed the pricing to dealers - offering $ rebates based on sales while some dealers wanted deep discounts from FR from the get go Thus the movement of the GT
There was a thread on hear about a year ago about CW loosing the Forest River Brand due to their inability to handle warranty issues appropriately (from what I recall)
Old 06-26-2016, 10:25 AM   #17

This is the schematic for the 2015 351 DS. Either the Coax is not connected to the TV or the tv is not working properly. If you check the coax connections I guess it's the latter.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 351 GT coax cable diagram 1 of 2.pdf (45.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: pdf 351 GT coax cable diagram 2 of 2.pdf (281.8 KB, 38 views)
Gohawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoclaws View Post
Have same issue with "Seiki tv" in bedroom. It's OK on antenna but can not tune cable stations with some campgrounds/cable providers. Seiki has a tuner not compatible with some cable providers. No problem with my Furrion tvs.

2x. Have same issue ordered cable turner from Amazon fixed the problem

2016 Georgetown 364ts
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Snoodledog is offline   Reply With Quote