Old 03-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #31
ggm

Just an update on the problem now sorted,
Ordered, motor and Module from ebay, took 6 weeks to arrives to the uk. install new motor, no joy, installed new module, no joy.?????
Found the problem now.. though i would post what the problem was just in case this ha[ppens to someone else.
removed the cam drive where the motor attaches and this was stuck fast with rush.
Took me all day to free with some heat. now working fine

GRAHAM

Old 03-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #32

Good to hear. On the bright side, if the motor or module ever goes bad, you don't have to wait 6 weeks!

Old 03-15-2010, 07:44 AM   #33
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggm View Post
Just an update on the problem now sorted,
Ordered, motor and Module from ebay, took 6 weeks to arrives to the uk. install new motor, no joy, installed new module, no joy.?????
Found the problem now.. though i would post what the problem was just in case this ha[ppens to someone else.
removed the cam drive where the motor attaches and this was stuck fast with rush.
Took me all day to free with some heat. now working fine

GRAHAM
Glad to hear you found the problem and posted it so now the rest of us can keep an eye on ours.

I would caution everyone with a Georgetown about the compartment door hinges on the side hinge models. There's no lubricant or grease in these hinges. Eventually the paint wears off and the rust begins. Once it starts it's just a metter of time that the doors are hard to open or close. I had to remove two doors in the fall and take the hinges off. I placed the hinges in a vise and then took a torch and hammer to break them apart. I cleaned off all the rust with a wire wheel on my grinder. Then took a heavy duty bearing grease and smeared it on every part of the shaft and socket. I also added stainless steel washers just before the nuts to help it turn easier. They open very freely now and I plan to do the others once it's nice outside. Hopefully this grease will stay in there for a while, but I plan to keep an eye on them from now on.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #34
ggm

Yes the gear wheel is a half moon shape and the motor runs along the gear wheel. The gear wheel has a bolt and this bolt was stuck fast . their is no grease nipple to lube the bolt and over time the water and rush stop the gear wheel so thr steps will not operate. This is a real nightmare you cant grease it. Im going to Wd40 every few weeks. Had to heat the outer bolt and wd40 overnight. will try and post a pick of the gear wheel. this was a nightmare and i should have spotted it earlier.
If your steps slow down over time then a good chance the gear wheel is rusting.
These steps now are operating the best they ever have and i very happy now. Ok spent $100 for the spare motor and module but have now a spare for future.
cheers
all this site is verygood everyone offer advise.

Graham