Old 07-23-2018, 12:17 AM   #1

Aux power

Ok.... so Iím thinking about how to power all the %*#•^ I now have at the front of my coach. Typical day will be 2 iPhones, the TST TPMS monitor, and the RVIbrake tablet. I think itís all USB, so I could figure I could use a 4 port cig adapter like below. Thoughts? Any better ideas?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y5Q9FXB..._VnwvBbNVMM17E

EricNJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNJ View Post
Ok.... so Iím thinking about how to power all the %*#•^ I now have at the front of my coach. Typical day will be 2 iPhones, the TST TPMS monitor, and the RVIbrake tablet. I think itís all USB, so I could figure I could use a 4 port cig adapter like below. Thoughts? Any better ideas?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y5Q9FXB..._VnwvBbNVMM17E
That would work ok only if the motor is running. A better way is to pickup a 4 bank USB 120v plug in while you're on shore power. Amazon has a bunch of them available.
This would be ideal-- BESTTEN

4.3 out of 5 stars**887Reviews

Bestten Multi Outlet Wall Mount Adapter Surge Protector with Four (4) USB Charging Ports, 3 Electrical Outlet Extenders and 2 Slide Out Phone Holders

Schvarak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schvarak View Post
That would work ok only if the motor is running. A better way is to pickup a 4 bank USB 120v plug in while you're on shore power. Amazon has a bunch of them available.
That receptacle is continuously powered; just like in your car.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:00 AM   #4

Iím looking to power things while we are driving (TPMS screen, Toad Brake screen, keep iPhones charged) as such, shore power wouldnít be available.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:29 AM   #5
clr

My tow vehicle is a Ford F350 and the power outlets remain hot when the truck was off. I did not want my GPS, TPMS and phones to remain powered when we stopped to eat and such. So I wired a new power outlet with two USB,s so that it will not be powered when I turn off the truck. In my case I wired them to the up fitter switches that were available in my truck.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #6

I like the idea of them turning off when the engine is off. Anyone done something like this in a Georgetown or similar?
Old 07-23-2018, 09:36 AM   #7

I use one of these and it works great.

FEEYOO USB Car Charger, 45W 9A 5-Port Car Charging Hub Station with Smart Identification + Built-in Fuse+Multi-Protection for iPhone, iPad Air/Mini, Samsung Galaxy S6 and more-Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHJZL91..._sDEvBb4HA0SWN
tom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:50 AM   #8

This is my solution - has worked well for the last year plus. Advantage is the voltage is displayed right on the plug and you can control power to the unit with the push button on the plug itself.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0794SJXDD...9f0dbaf2c&th=1
Old 07-23-2018, 10:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNJ View Post
Iím looking to power things while we are driving (TPMS screen, Toad Brake screen, keep iPhones charged) as such, shore power wouldnít be available.
Like I said, it should work ok as long as the motor is running. Disregard everything else I said! Your initial post was clear as mud. I like the Feeyoo Tom39 suggested. Think I'd take the white one. 5 ports might come in handy as well!!

Schvarak is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
power