Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #1

Awning Pitch

Have a new 369 (this is my 3rd coach). Have not had a problem with my previous rigs in adjusting my awning pitch and having it stay where I set it.
When I extend the awning on the 369 I goes straight out from the roof with no pitch at all and is 12' high. I go up there, set pitch and tighten knobs as I would have with my previous rigs. As soon as I retract it goes back to original which is zero pitch and straight out again.
Any else have this issue?
Frank DeFeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:50 PM   #2

The only way I can change and hold my pitch is to tighten the screw in the arm which will hold say one end down for the rain.

Before retracting I must loosen that screw before retracting or it will brake the arm or damage the motor.

Now how do you change the pitch as you say? Just pulling it down is not permanent.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:33 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply.
Then all I can say is that it's a poor design. Pain in the butt to always have to pull out the ladder to set and then unset. As I had said, in my previous 2 rigs (Winnebago &Thor) I could set pitch permanently and forget it.
Thanks again.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

Not being familiar with the layout of the 369 model.....do you have any slides that go out UNDERNEATH your awning?

I do, and therefore my awning pitch is level also. As Iggy said, I will occasionally pull one side down if the forecast calls for rain, and tighten the set screw. I always release the arms when extending and retracting the power awning.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:03 PM   #5

Nope, no slide under awning. I know it's not a big deal, just a nuisance.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:05 PM   #6

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1495569414.934670.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  123.8 KB
This is what I made (2 of them) to pull and hold my awning down. 32" hook to hook. I hook one end where the black and silver meet, pull the arm so it slides in the slot, and hook it on the bottom of the awning part attached to the side of the camper. The wooden handles make it easy to hook and unhook. Been using 3 Years on FR GT 360 XL. Will camp this weekend & will show more pics. Look for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:25 PM   #7
Site Team

I believe the theory is that you're suppose to leave the knobs loose and allow the awning to use it's "auto-dump" feature.

Like so:

Although I (and many others) typically don't like to rely on this.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:34 PM   #8

Hopefully no one is standing under that corner.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbryant View Post
Attachment 138833
This is what I made (2 of them) to pull and hold my awning down. 32" hook to hook. I hook one end where the black and silver meet, pull the arm so it slides in the slot, and hook it on the bottom of the awning part attached to the side of the camper. The wooden handles make it easy to hook and unhook. Been using 3 Years on FR GT 360 XL. Will camp this weekend & will show more pics. Look for it.

Thanks for the idea. Looking forward to additional photos, a bit tough to get the concept from this photo. Appreciate your taking the time to help out.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I believe the theory is that you're suppose to leave the knobs loose and allow the awning to use it's "auto-dump" feature.

Like so:

Agee, already had that happen.
But, again would be nice to set and leave pitch in place. My other issue with this is when I want to utilize my sun Shade which slides into the awning channel it's a bit tough doing it at 12'.
If all awning were the same I would be able to accept it, but there not. My previous 2 I could set and forget.
At this stage and age I look for an easy & simple RV lifestyle.
Sorry, I'll stop my whining
Old 05-23-2017, 04:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Like so:

that worked on previous sob on present lacrosse outside edge is higher than where attached to trailer so water collects too far back to dump. have to keep it tilted and knobs sometimes wont hold no matter how tight
packrat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:21 PM   #12

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1495826036.405935.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  99.5 KB
Here is my very stiff wire hook. It's easy, since I don't have a ladder to hook or unhook. I just hook on to the extended black arm where it attaches to the silver arm, pull down and it slides in the slot. Then I hook the bottom end of the wire on the bottom if the arm that is attached to the side of the MH. The wood handle on a string makes it easy to unhook when leaving. Again, no ladder needed

Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:45 PM   #13

Yes, the knobs are loose for auto dump but if one side is preferred for dumping then the adjustment should be made before the awning is fully extended so no ladder would be needed. At slight deploy shove the adjusting arm in (practice will dictate how far) and tighten the knob. Same with stowing. Bring awning in till the arms can be reached and loosen the knob. The arm will fully extend and the stow can be continued. Works for me.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbryant View Post
Attachment 139118
Here is my very stiff wire hook. It's easy, since I don't have a ladder to hook or unhook. I just hook on to the extended black arm where it attaches to the silver arm, pull down and it slides in the slot. Then I hook the bottom end of the wire on the bottom if the arm that is attached to the side of the MH. The wood handle on a string makes it easy to unhook when leaving. Again, no ladder needed

Ok, now I get it. Thanks so much for remembering to send me the pic. Really appreciate it. Looks like an easy solution.

Tags
awning