Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Here is how a Georgetown 378TS looks with the awning out.
I don't think you can do much with this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	April_17_2012 063.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	17400  
__________________

__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #12
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Here is how a Georgetown 378TS looks with the awning out.
I don't think you can do much with this.
We have friends with a Newmar with the same problem. He may buy a set of my awning poles so he can use his awning more.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsutherl View Post
Pretty cool. Here's the link. The zipper option is really a neat idea too.
Here's my answer- Used on previous RV for 8 years, I lengthened to 19' for this unit! Lightweight and easy to rig, use a 6' step ladder. Adds enormous floor space to RV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	17446  
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
By the way the screen room is marketed by the name Camco (screenroom) will bring up your choices.
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:56 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
go6car's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 213
I just ordered this one from Shadepro. I had their other version for a manual awning on our TT and it was really great. Haven't tried the new one out just yet...

ShadePro Inc.: Vista Shade for Electric RV Awnings

You measure just the awning tube for length, then from it to the ground to get the desired "drop". For me, with our awning extended, that was a 10' drop to reach the ground. The bottom part of the shade drops are all 6' and the top part that has the zipper is what varies in length depending on how long you want it (i.e., for me since I got a 10' drop, it will be a 4' top part w/zipper).
__________________
2013 Coachmen Encounter 36KS
(Forest River adopted cousin! )
2004 Jeep Wrangler
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car
I just ordered this one from Shadepro. I had their other version for a manual awning on our TT and it was really great. Haven't tried the new one out just yet...

ShadePro Inc.: Vista Shade for Electric RV Awnings

You measure just the awning tube for length, then from it to the ground to get the desired "drop". For me, with our awning extended, that was a 10' drop to reach the ground. The bottom part of the shade drops are all 6' and the top part that has the zipper is what varies in length depending on how long you want it (i.e., for me since I got a 10' drop, it will be a 4' top part w/zipper).
Yea, bot does keep mesquitos at bay? LOL
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
go6car's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 213
Nope! But does a heckuva job so you can still sit outside and not be blinded by the sun!
__________________
2013 Coachmen Encounter 36KS
(Forest River adopted cousin! )
2004 Jeep Wrangler
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wherever we are parked!
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
I just ordered this one from Shadepro. I had their other version for a manual awning on our TT and it was really great. Haven't tried the new one out just yet...

ShadePro Inc.: Vista Shade for Electric RV Awnings

You measure just the awning tube for length, then from it to the ground to get the desired "drop". For me, with our awning extended, that was a 10' drop to reach the ground. The bottom part of the shade drops are all 6' and the top part that has the zipper is what varies in length depending on how long you want it (i.e., for me since I got a 10' drop, it will be a 4' top part w/zipper).
You caught my interest with this product. But I have a couple of questions: Does the bottom of the bottom panel have grommets so you can tie it down? and is there a solid piece sewn into the very bottom to make it "stiffer"?

Thanks...
__________________
Lostdog
2011 Georgetown 378TS in FireMist
2013 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 125
The Shadepro looks like it would do the job. I do wonder if 4 ft of top section will roll up ok, and is there some sort of tie down system like the Sunpro to keep it from flying in the breeze?
__________________
ohiobill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #20
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobill View Post
The Shadepro looks like it would do the job. I do wonder if 4 ft of top section will roll up ok, and is there some sort of tie down system like the Sunpro to keep it from flying in the breeze?
We have a 15' awning and if we attach a 6' sunscreen to it, it will not roll up. Too much load on the motor. Don't know if increasing torsion on the spring would help, but I won't mess with it.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awning

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 PM.