Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2016, 11:54 PM   #1
Wildland Firefighter

Awning won't come out

We have an 09 357QS and the auto awning, a Weatherpro from A and E will not deploy. I tried the switch inside by the entrance door and it makes no noise when pushed to the " out " part of the switch, but does make an electrical click-unlock sound when pushing retract. It does the same when using the remote. Remote battery is new. No breakers are tripped. We have only used it a couple of times, but never a problem at those times. Any hints or help would be great. Thank you in advance.
Gordon and Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:16 AM   #2

Same awning on my 350 TS, it was doing the same thing. They had to replace the control module.
JohnnyMeteor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:19 AM   #3

Are your keys in the ignition? - wife called me in a panic one day about the slides and sure enough that was it...
kthoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:37 PM   #4
Wildland Firefighter

Thanks guys. Kthoms, I'm thinking you mean that the keys are supposed to be out? Yes they're out. Didn't think of that though. And Johnny, I'll check the control panel out to see if it might be that. Other people on this forum have spoken about the actual motor going bad. More to check out. Thank you both.
Gordon and Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning