Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #1

Backup/Side Camera Connectors

I would like to know what type of connectors are used on the camera system. The system consists of three cameras, the LCD screen, and a control box. The control box has three inputs for each camera. IIRC (I should have taken a pic when it was all apart) they are marked camera 1, camera 2 / DVD, and rear camera.

I want to use the LCD screen to play movies from the radio/DVD player. I don't use the side cameras, so I would like to use the input from camera 2 and feed the output of the radio/DVD. Problem is that the DVD player's connector is good old RCA type and the control box's connectors are something I've never seen before (5-pin round type). They are not any of the ones I'm used to (S-video, HDMI, component, RCA, etc.) All of the outputs on the radio/DVD are RCA.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #2

Was on their website the other day checking to see if a camera with a wider view was available. Didn't see one but do remember a pop up chat box for questions. Meant to get back with them but haven't yet. You might be able to find out about an adaptor for the DVD that way.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
I would like to know what type of connectors are used on the camera system. The system consists of three cameras, the LCD screen, and a control box. The control box has three inputs for each camera. IIRC (I should have taken a pic when it was all apart) they are marked camera 1, camera 2 / DVD, and rear camera.

I want to use the LCD screen to play movies from the radio/DVD player. I don't use the side cameras, so I would like to use the input from camera 2 and feed the output of the radio/DVD. Problem is that the DVD player's connector is good old RCA type and the control box's connectors are something I've never seen before (5-pin round type). They are not any of the ones I'm used to (S-video, HDMI, component, RCA, etc.) All of the outputs on the radio/DVD are RCA.
I have a 2011 GT350 and the camera monitor already has an input with RCA Jacks on it. I have never tried it, but it is so you can use it as a monitor for other purposes.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
Was on their website the other day checking to see if a camera with a wider view was available. Didn't see one but do remember a pop up chat box for questions. Meant to get back with them but haven't yet. You might be able to find out about an adaptor for the DVD that way.
Do you remember the website's name? Thanks, AL
Old 12-30-2013, 07:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
I have a 2011 GT350 and the camera monitor already has an input with RCA Jacks on it. I have never tried it, but it is so you can use it as a monitor for other purposes.
The LCD screens on the 2014 are different. The screen assembly just has buttons on the front and nothing but the wire bundle coming out the back end. In other words, the screen is just the screen and everything is hooked up through another box. That box doesn't have any RCA inputs. I'm thinking that it uses higher definition than RCA and why each input has 5 pins. It could be component (red, green, blue) for video and the other two pins for power.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #6

Think it was rearviewsafety.com.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
Think it was rearviewsafety.com.
Yup, that's it. Thanks.