Old 10-17-2016, 09:02 PM   #11
Posts: 130 hydraulic unit was replaced last month. The short story was that I went to pick up for a number of repairs and the Hydraulic unit kept activating every 20 seconds. They tried everything from the switch to the wiring harness. Ending replacing the complete unit. The first one that came in was not the one for this coach. Thy had to special order through Lipert - it is fixed for now but keeping a cautious eye on it. Paranoid I guess.

Mickey Alberto
2016 Forest River Georgetown XL 350TS
Ford V-10 (5-Star Tuned)
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM   #12
Hydraulic Issue... FIXED!

After more than 8 weeks of back and forth between LCI, FR and I, the hydraulic assembly for my brand new Georgetown XL 352QS arrived today. Called the mobile RV service guy in my area, he came right away within the hour, took out the defective one, put on the new assembly, all works well. Got the bill for $321 which will be reimbursed by FR. They did send the part at no charge. I packed the defective one back and sent it back the same day. FR provided the "call tag", therefore does not cost me anything for shipping the part back. The unit working great now.

The delayed caused by the manufacturer for the hydraulic system assembly does not have a part number stamped on the part itself. I have to take many images of difference angle and sent it to Forest River before they could order the custom built part from LCI before they could send it to me at no cost. This process alone took 3 weeks. It is shame that FR does not have a part number called out from their manufacturing drawing. Otherwise, they could pull the part number without the customer have to go through all of this nonsense.

Lesson learned.
For those who bought or planning to buy the RV from an out of town dealer because of the better price, the consequence is the local dealer will put you on the bottom of their list for service and that could take months to get your RV back on the road. I called the local RV dealer and they quote be between 2 to 3 months before I could have my RV back.

This is where the RV Mobile service guy came in handy. Service at your doorstep. Granted, you may have to pay for the service call which could be ranged from $60 to $75, but you can get quick and great service, almost right away. My mobile RV service guy came within couple hours when I called him. He works with LCI to diagnosed the problem. Also, his rate is $75/hr compare to the dealer at $150/hr. to $200/hr.

Where can you find these mobile RV service guy? Go to your nearby RV campground, most likely that all campground will have a mobile RV service contact.

Regard to Forest River, my contact is Celestino Lopez. His email is Don't call him, it will take 2 to 3 days before he could get back to you. Email him, and he will response within couple hours or within the same day depending on his load. He is a great guy (not sure if how he would be after the warranty).

I am all happy now. The RV is back and ready for more camping.

Tam & Ha
Willis, TX
2016 Georgetown XL 352QS
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2016 Nights Camping - 2 for trying out and love it...
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM   #13
Thanks for the follow-up - great news...Yeap Cel @ FR is a popular guy it seems.

Mickey Alberto
2016 Forest River Georgetown XL 350TS
Ford V-10 (5-Star Tuned)
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote