Old 10-06-2016, 03:56 PM   #1

Bad Experience with Georgetown and LCI

Have my brand new 2016 Georgetown XL 352QS out for first drive test after got the unit home from the dealer. The trip was only 200 miles round trip for 2 nights. The total miles I have driven on the unit is less than 500 miles including 265 miles drove from the dealer to home.

Make the long story short, we have the hydraulic system failure, could not hold the pressure to keep the slide lock in. I have the service technician came to the house and diagnose the hydraulic unit with LCI and they both determined that the hydraulic unit must be replaced.

The problem is it have already been 2 weeks, and both of LCI and Forest River could not identify the part number for the hydraulic assembly. There is no part number stamped on any part of the assembly. They could not send the replacement unit until they identify the part number of the unit. This is ridiculous.

I just could not believe that LCI does not have the part number stamped on the unit and Forest River does not have any record of the part that they installed on my unit. Now they both pointing their fingers at each other and my RV is out of the service.

Does anyone have this experience? Or better yet does anyone have or know any part number on the hydraulic assembly unit of the 2016 Georgetown XL 352QS?

I know that if both LCI and Forest River could not find the part number, no one else could have it, but I just want to ask to see if any hidden luck could get me through this really bad experience.

Thanks in advance.

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2016 Nights Camping - 2 for trying out and love it...
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:21 PM   #2

Are you in Maryland or Texas? I see both states.

This is the Forest River Rep for the east coast for Georgetown and FR3 motorhomes.
Worth a call or email to explain to him what your dealer has told you and that you are frustrated and need assistance to get it repaired.

East Coast Warranty Rep for Georgetown and FR3
Brian Knight
bknight@forestriverinc.com
Phone 574-206-7604
Fax 574-206-2484

or

Mid- West US?CAN Warranty Rep for Georgetown and FR3
Celestino Lopez
clopez@forestriverinc.com
Direct: 574-206-7618

Fax 574-206-2484

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Are you in Maryland or Texas? I see both states.
Yes, I am now MOVED to Texas, and yes, I did contact via phone and email CEL too, and FR also could not locate the part number.

I will have to keep trying.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Old 10-06-2016, 08:06 PM   #4

I had a similar situation and I,m in Canada. We had to remove the hydraulic unit and ship it to LCI. Make sure you get names of people receiving unit and follow up on it. It was covered by warranty and has worked fine for 2 years now... good luck
Old 10-06-2016, 08:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by double D View Post
I had a similar situation and I,m in Canada. We had to remove the hydraulic unit and ship it to LCI. Make sure you get names of people receiving unit and follow up on it. It was covered by warranty and has worked fine for 2 years now... good luck
Did not think of that option, thanks for the great suggestion, I will ask my service guy to do so.

Thanks again.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Old 10-06-2016, 08:13 PM   #6

sorry for your luck, sounds like a real crappy deal.

is there no lemon law in the states?
Old 10-06-2016, 08:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by toslow View Post
sorry for your luck, sounds like a real crappy deal.

is there no lemon law in the states?
Not sure if there is any in Texas, more likely there will not be. The thing is the RV manufacturers know how to get around it by having a good customer service so that they would response to my complaint right away.

When you email or talk to them, they provided me with the excellent responses and acting as it would be no problem at all to take care of my needs. But after 5 weeks so far, the problem is still there, every time I contact them, they responded and act as they were on top of the thing, but in the reality, responding to my issue is still far from resolved my problem. By doing this, even if I take them to court, the verdict is still they did the best possible to help me under a giving circumstance. I will be losing the case anyway since they were not ignored me.

It is an unfortunate situation, but I guessed that I have to deal with this problem until it resolved and hope that I don't have to deal with problem like this on every trip.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Old 10-07-2016, 12:13 PM   #8

I had to have my unit replaced (pump froze up) they had to replace the complete unit, pump, motor, and reservoir. My dealer ordered the unit from LCI USING THE LAST SEVEN of the vin number. It took about a week as they had to build the replacement. It was an upgraded unit. My unit and labor was covered by my extended warranty.
2013 Georgetown XL 378TS
Old 10-07-2016, 01:53 PM   #9

I worked in manufacturing for over 30 years from material handling to purchasing. I don't see how they cannot have a part number. That is ridiculous. I bet if they talked to someone in purchasing or material management they would get the part number. It was the same thing told to me when I asked for schematic for the wiring and print where the studs are to see if I could add a ladder. If they really don't have these things how are the worker suppose to know where things go. Maybe the just WAG it.
2015 23BD Grey Wolf, 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500
2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights
Life is short
mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 03:16 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by double D View Post
If it were me Id TELL the dealer to send a rep to remove the hydraulic cylinder and send it, why should you have to do the work when it is their responsibility!

2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT Diesel
2001 Cougar 281 EFS (sold)
1973 Layton 23' (sold)
DouglasReid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown