Old 01-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #1

Banging Slides

Since the day we test drove our 2011 330TS with 4600 miles on in July there has been an issue with a loud knocking or banging sound coming from underneath the dinette slide mid-ship. Confirmed again during the PDI and dealer promised to take care of it. We took delivery August 17 with the banging very prevelant. After a service appointment the dealer could not find the cause of the banging. The service manager (great guy) suggested bringing it in after the camping season here in WNY State and agreed that was a good idea. During our trip to Nashville in October at times we wished we had head phones on the noise was so annoying. Finally took the rig in November 29. Dealer did an excellant job staying in touch with me on updates to the status of the rig. They had to call Lippert to get factory help on the cause of the problem and Lippert pointed them to wear pads that fit in the small openings through the coach frame work that the slide support rails (3) go through to open/close the slide. They ordered them and by the time they came in the tech working on it realized that that won't solve the problem. Through his good work he found the roller adjusters for the slide rails could be adjusted about 1/2" down at the rear of the rails and that seems to of cured the problem on the dinette slide. Picked the rig up January 05 and about 3 miles from the dealer heard more banging! Now I know the dinette table wobbles around (seperate thread on cures!) so I drove home, had DW hop in and drive around town so I could sit at the dinette and listen. Banging still coming from main street side slide. Back to the dealer on Jan. 7, take the rig for a ride with the tech who worked on it and he hears the same thing I heard. So the rig is still at the dealer who has been great up to this point trying to get this resolved from my orininal purchase. Interesting seeing their service write ups state 30 day warranty work.

Has any Forest River/Georgetown owners experienced this problem with their slides. I am curious to know, dealer says they have not seen it.

sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Could it possibly be in the suspension of the coach rather than the slide itself?

Thinking outloud as sound can travel a long ways .

Turbs

Old 01-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #3

f1100turbo, I read somewhere that some Ford F-53's are known to have sway bars come loose and the resulting sound was a banging effect inside the rig. Checked that out as soon as I read it. No the dinette problem was the roller adjusters at the rear of the slide support rails.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote