Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2015, 12:09 PM   #1

Battery Compartment

We have a new G364 and I noticed that the coach battery compartment was completely open to the road. Just curious if anyone has had problems with road dirt getting on and into the batteries. Is there a solution to enclose them? Is that necessary?

Thanks in advance!
1903wow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:06 PM   #2
WDK

Battery Compartment

All GT's are built the same way. Unless your driving through 3 feet of water, ( don't do that) at most they will just get dusty....its vented that way for several reasons.....one it's cheap not to enclose them and it helps to disperse the hydrogen gas they give off.

WDK
WDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:13 PM   #3

I had the same concerns when I picked mine up...but as WDK says...time and miles have proven it not to be an issue. It would be nice if they made the tray bigger so you could add more batts easily.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDK View Post
All GT's are built the same way. Unless your driving through 3 feet of water, ( don't do that) at most they will just get dusty....its vented that way for several reasons.....one it's cheap not to enclose them and it helps to disperse the hydrogen gas they give off.

WDK

I see what your saying just feels...unfinished. But if it doesn't effect performance I guess it doesn't matter unless your a little OCD like me!
2015 Nights Camped - 12 (so far)
DFW Area
1903wow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:14 AM   #5

Had a bit of problem with mine in northern climate and driving on salted roads. Took all the batteries out, cleaned the tray which had started to rust significantly. Put rust paint and undercoating over the whole box area and it's fine now.
RLWilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery