Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2018, 01:35 PM   #1

Battery Replacement Question.

I am a newbee who is considering a new 369xl which comes with 4 12v cells. What does it cost to convert to 6v system and how many cells would be appropriate.

Hope I posted correctly. Did not want to hyjack the thread.
RVexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:56 PM   #2

Battery Replacement Question.

The basic answer is you will replace the 4 12 volt batteries with 4 6 volt batteries. Just make sure you have enough room. 6 volt and 12 volt batteries are similar in size but not exactly the same size.
The major difference is the way they are constructed and how long they will last. Ask questions on this forum. And you will get answers.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:00 PM   #3
Site Team

Before you spend the money for this conversion, I would do some analysis with theoretical or actual numbers (best solution) of your 12V requirements during a normal camping trip. You may find that what you have is sufficient or what you are proposing is still to little.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:21 PM   #4

Thank you

As I continue to read these forums, I am finding that the 4 bat 12 volt system (with a little attention and and some measurement tools) would actually be sufficient. Might look to the change when the current 12 v cells are toast. Thank you very much.
RVexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote