Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2016, 10:30 AM   #21

Then it's charging from the alternator, unfortunately you can't operate the slides with the engine running. Give it some time.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:31 AM   #22

Ahh got ya. Will let it run a while then and try. Forgot they wouldn't move. Thought about calling coach net and trying to get them to come out. Pisses me off, problems problems problems.
JLud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:48 AM   #23

If you are in a hurry, shut down and remove the key and have someone pull in the slides while the other holds the battery boost switch down, but only when running the slide motors.

2015 335DS
Old 09-05-2016, 12:17 PM   #24

Thanks, it actually charged quite a bit faster than I thought. Repair place owner happened to be in that just did the roof and he was hoping they didn't run any wires up to where they screwed through.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:24 PM   #25

And thanks for all the help and suggestions! It helps a ton.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:22 PM   #26

One of the items that I added to my Georgetown that I think is really useful is a Trimetric 2030 RV battery monitor. It gives continuous readout of current in and out of the house batteries, voltage, or percentage of full charge. It was real easy to install just above my entry door. The monitor will not diagnose a charging problem, but it will give a very early indication of any problem. I had one occasion when I was plugged in at my storage location and it was only showing 85% charged and I had never seen it below 98% when plugged in. Turned out that one of the battery connections had loosened up. The monitor is also useful if you are using the inverter to know when to run the generator to charge the batteries.
WayneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:41 PM   #27

I like that idea on the monitor, will look into. It turned out it was in fact a bad converter...testing their overnight shipping with warranty from FR. My new 2016 has been in the shop 6 of the last 7 weeks and counting now....
Old 09-06-2016, 08:28 PM   #28

X2 on the Trimetric. It would have told you that the converter was bad and it would have confirmed that the alternator was running fine. You can see and verify that all is well on all of your DC systems.

2015 335DS

Tags
battery, show