Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2016, 03:35 PM   #1

Battery size

I have a 2013 Georgetown XL 378. Need to replace coach batteries. I con not find any markings on the original equipment.
SCUBA Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 04:57 PM   #2

I too have a 2013 378 XL. I replaced mine last month. I bought Trojans 1275. A little pricey though. I paid 175 each. They are great batteries and I can get over 24 hours of run time with the inverter running. They are a very tight fit but do work.
You can go to sams or Costco and buy replacements maintenance free batteries for about 100 each and they should last 3-5 years.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:05 PM   #3

Thanks wrapper man I will take one to SAMs to match size. It looks like the original is a tight fit.
SCUBA Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:09 PM   #4

Being in Arizona with the high summer heat and being on the RV-ing at least 3 months a year I have replaced my house batteries with Wal-Mart batteries because for a few bills I want to be safe than sorry.
They cost me around $90 a piece and have I believe 850 CCA.
I actually changed them out in the Wal-Mart parking lot and gave them the old ones.
Now I do not have a residential refrigerator so actually I hardly use my batteries other than a few lights and 12 volt controls in the rig.
Here is what I believe I just bought. I think they are Group 65
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	battery.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	121979  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:34 PM   #5

On my 2014, I agree that it is a series 65. I have 4 batteries to replace, so I also went to Tractor Supply and got them from them.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:24 AM   #6

I just bought the Sams Club am batteries for about 120 each. They won't outgass because they are sealed and have an 18 month free replacement vs 12 month for many others.These are group 24 and smaller and less heavy because they don't have lead plates. Like Iggy I don't have the residential fridge so demand is much less on the batteries. I also do not boondocks. Just replaced my Parallax converter with the 3 stage Progressive Dynamics 9270 so should have few issues now. The biggest draw on the batteries is operating the slides but most of the time like Iggy the load is relatively light. Those who boondock or have the residential fridge should buy the largest and highest capaciy battery that will fit.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMFl View Post
I just bought the Sams Club am batteries for about 120 each. They won't outgass because they are sealed and have an 18 month free replacement vs 12 month for many others.These are group 24 and smaller and less heavy because they don't have lead plates. Like Iggy I don't have the residential fridge so demand is much less on the batteries. I also do not boondocks. Just replaced my Parallax converter with the 3 stage Progressive Dynamics 9270 so should have few issues now. The biggest draw on the batteries is operating the slides but most of the time like Iggy the load is relatively light. Those who boondock or have the residential fridge should buy the largest and highest capaciy battery that will fit.
Amg glass mat batteries
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:04 PM   #8

I always thought rv coach batteries were deep cycle batts And the battery under hood is a regular auto battery? At leased on all the rv I have had before
Don
Old 10-05-2016, 09:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donlock View Post
I always thought rv coach batteries were deep cycle batts And the battery under hood is a regular auto battery? At leased on all the rv I have had before
Don

Correct. "Regular" starting batteries are not designed for the deeper cycling that coach batteries may get.

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery