Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #1

Bed up grades

I have a 2007 Georgetown XL 359 we are looking at changing the mattress. What changes have you do to yours. The wife would like ideas on what to do to sleep better.
texasgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We gave away the stock mattress and replaced it with a Select Comfort Sleep Number Mattress. We have one at home and with my bad back it's a necessity. Camping World has these on sale quite often. They run around $1000 for the short queen. You can buy then from Select Comfort as well. We had dual wired controls. The holders however are from Winnebago. They mount on the wall and the controller slips in to them to make it easy to find. Well worth the money to me, I sleep like a rock on it and no back problems in the morning.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
Now a "Top Member"

We tried the sleep number, and it just didn't work for us. We have a 3" foam topper on our stock mattress and wow...it works great! We keep contemplating the real thing (the tempurpedic), but my wife is a little paranoid about it being got (retaining heat). Otherwise, the foam topper is great...for us!
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #4

I've slept on sleep number beds before and love them. The cost scared me though and I added a 2" memory foam topper with a thick mattress pad. I was skeptical but it's comfortable enough until the sleepnumber moves up the "wants" list.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #5

We added a 3" memory foam topper, and it feels great. We like the electric blanket in the winter also.
akcampr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed