Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Kanadian Kamper

Bedroom Jensen 19" TV

We have a Gerogetown 330TS with a Jensen 19" flatscreen mounted on the wall in the bedroom between two upright closets. It was on the motorhome when we bought it as a factory installed option.

Anyone know the trick for getting it off the wall to possibly use it outside with the connection in one of the curbside cargo boxes.
I have identified the coax feed for that location but would like to use the bedrom TV.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #2

I have a 373, when we got it 8 months ago, the Dvd coone tion werent hooked up properly and I have to go through the axcess panel to reconnect the wites right, the Tv it self has only got 4 screws mounting it. but kinda difficult if you gonna bring it in and out of the Rv, I just bought another tv for my outside use.
tpfosterjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
We have a Gerogetown 330TS with a Jensen 19" flatscreen mounted on the wall in the bedroom between two upright closets. It was on the motorhome when we bought it as a factory installed option.

Anyone know the trick for getting it off the wall to possibly use it outside with the connection in one of the curbside cargo boxes.
I have identified the coax feed for that location but would like to use the bedrom TV.
I got into mine from the cabinet on the right side of the TV in my 2011 378TS. Then I found out you could lift it off of the mount by simply lifting it up. Once you get it free of the mount you can turn it and disconnect the coax and unplug it from the 110V outlet. I replaced the mount that came with the Jensen and put one on the stud behind the TV that would tilt so we had a better angle when lying on the bed for watching the TV. I Then replaced the 19" TV in the bedroom with a 26". Then I mounted the 19" TV from the bedroom on the large compartment door just forward of our entrance door with the TV mount that I took out of the bedroom. Worked perfect. There is a 110V connection in that compartment, but I had to run the coax from the connection in the compartment just aft of the entrance door to the compartment I put the TV in. I just drilled holes in the walls of each compartment big enough for the coax connectors and ran the coax thru the battery compartment under the steps. It only took a six foot piece of coax.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

So far, just pushing up doesn't seem to release the TV from whatever mount they used at the factory. I have the same access panel inside the clothes closet on the right, to access the power plug and gain some access to wires on the front underside of the TV. (power, red/yellow/white, coax)

I'll try to lift it off again, but I may have to look at another TV for the outside if I can't release it.

Thanks

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
So far, just pushing up doesn't seem to release the TV from whatever mount they used at the factory. I have the same access panel inside the clothes closet on the right, to access the power plug and gain some access to wires on the front underside of the TV. (power, red/yellow/white, coax)

I'll try to lift it off again, but I may have to look at another TV for the outside if I can't release it.

Thanks
My access panel is in the closet on the left. But, I gained access to the TV from the cabinet on the right. There is a closet under that. There was a panel separating the cabinet area from the TV area but I just pulled it out and left it out. Of course yours is probably different as we have different model motorhomes. As far as the bracket itself, mine was two piece. One piece mounted to the stud behind the TV and the other to the back of the TV itself. The part on the TV slides down into the part on the stud. They are both kind of vee shaped and sort of lock when jammed together. You might have to bump the TV on each corner of the bottom, with the palm of your hand or a rubber hammer, to sort of break it loose. The reason I didn't usthe access panel on the left was I couldn't get in a position where I could see the back of the TV and I could from the other side.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed