Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #1

Bedroom Slide Adjustment

My bedroom slide is out of level. When the slide is out the bottom is tight on the inside but the top needs to go out about another inch and a half.

I asked the dealer about it and they said as long as it doesn't leak Forest River will not cover the adjustment under warranty.

I searched the Lippert site and can't seem to find anything related to the bedroom slide adjustment. Has anyone adjusted this or no how to adjust the bedroom slide.

Even though it doesn't leak it really bugs me that it doesn't sit level and would like to adjust it.
Thanks
georgetown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown View Post
My bedroom slide is out of level. When the slide is out the bottom is tight on the inside but the top needs to go out about another inch and a half.

I asked the dealer about it and they said as long as it doesn't leak Forest River will not cover the adjustment under warranty.

I searched the Lippert site and can't seem to find anything related to the bedroom slide adjustment. Has anyone adjusted this or no how to adjust the bedroom slide.

Even though it doesn't leak it really bugs me that it doesn't sit level and would like to adjust it.
Thanks
Sorry can't be of much help but you might try waiting for the next rainy day, go into your bedroom and pour a cup of water on the floor then take it to the dealer and say "there, it's leaking, fix it"

Seriously though, I have noticed that from the outside ours doesn't "look" level but on the inside the bed seems level and it doesn't leak. It also closes up tight and even all the way around so I haven't bothered with it.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #3

LOL, never thought of that, NWJeeper. Looking at the outside it's not level, the inside frame around the slide is tight at the bottom, but not the top, the bed is level. As I said no leaks just drives me crazy when i look at it.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I think they're all the same. Mine is definitely out of level but it doesn't leak now so I've just dealt with it. Originally it leaked at the bottom, the dealer found the weep holes at the bottom had been partially blocked with sealer. Once removed it's been fine since.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #5

mine is too. The outside of the slide looks like its slanted with the top in slightly. I thought that was the way they made them. Please keep us informed if there is any adjustment. Ours has never leaked.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #6

Same here!
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
Grape Escape

Wow. I thought mine looks bad when they are retracted. In too far on the top but no leaks. Looks fine when extended.
Guess we are not the only ones
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Do any of you have slide toppers on the slide? I've heard tell that the tension of the slide topper could interfere not allowing the top of the slide to go fully out.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
Do any of you have slide toppers on the slide? I've heard tell that the tension of the slide topper could interfere not allowing the top of the slide to go fully out.

Dave
I've had slide toppers on my last two trailers and never had that problem. Actually, the slide topper doesn't have enough tension to effect the slide operation.

A slide topper is on my list of mods to do.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #10

I do think they are just built this way for some reason. You can look at the construction and see everything is not really square.

The window is square to the inside but not the outside wall. You can see the gap on the top is narrower than the bottom on the outside. The same is slightly noticeable on the inside as well. When you pull the slides in, the top does hit first and the bottom levers in as well. Perhaps this allows them to seal tighter by insuring the bottom where the cylinders are has some extra travel to tighten up the seals.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #11

I know what you mean about the angle of the outside wall but mine is not level on the coach side. The window to the inside (coach) wall is out of level. Also the trim on the inside of the coach around the slide has a large space on the top and the bottom part of the trim is tight. I have emailed Lippert, but have not received a reply yet. I may just have to start fussing with it and see if I can figure it out, there has to be some kind of adjustment for this.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown View Post
I know what you mean about the angle of the outside wall but mine is not level on the coach side. The window to the inside (coach) wall is out of level. Also the trim on the inside of the coach around the slide has a large space on the top and the bottom part of the trim is tight. I have emailed Lippert, but have not received a reply yet. I may just have to start fussing with it and see if I can figure it out, there has to be some kind of adjustment for this.
When you find out let us know. I would like to know how it's done. So far I know that you have to get at everything by removing a plywood panel under the bed. I haven't gotten too much more into it than that.
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 04-20-2010, 11:49 PM   #13

Slide Adjustment

I too notice that when retracting the slides the tops generally hit before the bottoms and there is a "jump" for lack of a better word when it seats tight. I've been out in some nasty rainy weather this winter in California and we've been completely dry.

So if it ain't broke don't let NW Jeeper fix it.
Lawfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfive View Post
So if it ain't broke don't let NW Jeeper fix it.
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 04-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #15

I talked to the tech department at Lippert today they were very helpful and they gave me the information on how to adjust the bedroom slide. It sounds simple enough. I will tackle it in the next few days and post the results and before and after pictures as well as info on how the adjustments are made in case anyone else needs to adjust theirs.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #16

Let us know how you make out. Looking forward to hearing how to make the adjustments.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #17

Adjusted the bedroom slide today. The slide sits much better now and a lot more level when it's out. The hardest part was getting at everything. Have to remove the plywood cover, etc under the bed, then crawl in there and make the adjustments. They are made by adjusting a bolt on each side. This adjustment only adjusts the vertical alignment (top to bottom) and not the travel in and out, that is done on the hydraulic cylinder. Posted some pictures to show what needs to be adjusted as per instructions from Vance at Lippert.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	04222010149.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	2431   Click image for larger version

Name:	04222010148a-copy.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	2432  
Old 04-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #18

Excellent information! Thank you
Old 04-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #19

Thanks for being the first! Appreciate the info...
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 04-23-2010, 07:23 AM   #20

no need for thanks, thanks to you everyone on this forum instead.
I'm new to rving, just got this motorhome in the late summer of last year, and although not very active on this forum as far as posting, I have been reading it for a while. I have picked up a lot of great info and learned many things. Just glad that I could add something to the info on this forum that maybe someone else can use for a change instead of me.

Tags
bed, bedroom slide