Old 04-17-2016, 04:32 PM   #1

bedroom slide moves when selecting leveling jacks or the main slide

I recently had my 2010 Georgetown 373 to the dealer to fix a wire on a harness that was broke and not allowing any power to the hydraulics. Now my bedroom slide wants to move in or out depending on the direction selected for the other main slide or the leveling jacks up or down. I have an appointment to go back to the dealer but risk the chance of another bad repair like the first one. The Lippert manual lists the manifold configuration for all of the past and present Forest River Georgetown Motor homes and the one indicated for the 373 is not like mine at all. Mine doesn't use a Trombeta but a solenoid. The motor only turns one way to operate. Where can I get a drawing or picture of what is really installed on my MH and what could be wrong allowing the slide to move when not actually selected? I am too old to start fooling around with stuff like this and want to get on with RVing 2016

Old 04-17-2016, 04:43 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

If they tested this at all it surely would have done the same thing. My guess is that if they did test and all was ok, a wire had come off on your drive home that allows pressure to that slide

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 04-17-2016, 04:55 PM   #3

I checked my manifold area and there are no wires off. The day I picked it up at the dealer it was raining real hard and the dealer would have had to check it outside of the shop in the rain. I don't believe he functioned it and watched to see if one slide was moving with the other. The tech was just interested to see if he had hydraulics.
Old 04-17-2016, 05:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_dog View Post
I checked my manifold area and there are no wires off. The day I picked it up at the dealer it was raining real hard and the dealer would have had to check it outside of the shop in the rain. I don't believe he functioned it and watched to see if one slide was moving with the other. The tech was just interested to see if he had hydraulics.
They left one of the valves open. If you have the manual take a look at the part where they talk about manually opening one of the solenoids with an Allen wrench.

See page 9-10.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LCI_Motorized_Leveling_Service_Manual.pdf (1.70 MB, 150 views)

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
They left one of the valves open. If you have the manual take a look at the part where they talk about manually opening one of the solenoids with an Allen wrench.

See page 9-10.
The pdf file you suggested looking at is only for the leveling system, however, it has a manual override knob on the isolator valve and the slide and level jacks manifold like I have should have the isolator valve on it as well. Even though the one listed in the Lippert manual isn't the same as mine it may still be the problem that it was left in manual override position. I will check it. Thanks for the help.

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, jacks, leveling, roo, select, slide