Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #21
Site Team - Lou

Darn. Lost my post! Will try again.

The sensors are affected by installation errors and levelness of the tank when the reading is taken.

The OEM sensor is a "button" type and even a small amount of wall slime can make enough conductivity to turn on the light. It is nearly impossible for "TP to be hung on the sensor." (see photos)

As you can see from the second photo of my black tank, even a small amount of tilt can turn on the 1/3 light even with just residual water remaining in the tank after a dump.

I also attached a troubleshooting guide and wiring diagram.
The sensor photo shows the OEM probe and the replacement Horst Miracle Probe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Horst Probe Install 035.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	43951   Click image for larger version

Name:	Horst Probe Install 008.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	43952   Click image for larger version

Name:	Horst Probe Install 019.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	43953  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Micro Monitor Panel Troubleshooting.pdf (149.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: pdf KIB Monitor Panel M21 Wireing Diagram.pdf (51.2 KB, 30 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryanJane View Post
when using a full hook up rv site is it best to have the tanks open or closed until they need dumping ? have heard both but would like to hear from some full timers.
I personally prefer to leave the grey tank valve open or else I would be dumping it every day. I close the valve the night before I plan to dump the black tank, so that there's enough water to rinse the stinky slinky. Always leave the black tank valve closed until at least 2/3 full.
Owned 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS previously
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #23
Site Team - Lou

I used to leave the gray tank open and only close it the day before I dump the black tank. After I had grease issues, I keep both closed until they need dumping. Takes only a second to pull the handle on the gray when it gets close.

I have also needed to dump the black and forgot to close the gray the day before, so I had no way to flush out the hose.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #24
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoulwv View Post
I personally prefer to leave the grey tank valve open or else I would be dumping it every day. I close the valve the night before I plan to dump the black tank, so that there's enough water to rinse the stinky slinky. Always leave the black tank valve closed until at least 2/3 full.
Agreed- we do the same thing.

We use our shower for 1-4 showers per day and when we have full hookups prefer to not do the Navy Shower thing. On top of that, we seem to take longer showers. 2-3 showers and our gray tank is ready for dumping (heck, even with the navy showers- we still seem to fill it quick!). So we leave the gray tanks/valves open for the kitchen sink and shower.

I do try to close them the morning that I know that I'm going to dump my black tanks to have some extra in there. But with my black tank flushing habits, there's not much of any nasty water flowing through the stinky slinky when I'm done any way.

And as mentioned, always leave your blank tank closed until you're ready to dump.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:24 AM   #25

thanks for the info, greatly appreciated
GaryanJane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, tank