Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2015, 06:09 PM   #21

We have a 2014 351DS. I'm just going to throw this out there. If you are experiencing water leakage in the #4 compartment (hot water heater compartment), during the flushing process of the black tank it is because there is a plastic overflow valve that has either a crack in it or it is broken. This valve is actually located behind the refrigerator. We had to pull it out to get to this valve. The attached picture is the valve.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CTM_4545.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	84251   Click image for larger version

Name:	CTM_4547.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	84252  
CTMDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:58 PM   #22

Check out this thread. The BW Leak happens to quite a few folks, it is a simple fix by the dealer.....
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...eak-65929.html
Old 07-27-2015, 01:48 PM   #23

After my "flood" the compartment under the refrigerator apparently got water in it and the "leak" I was seeing from a tube/pipe was actually a drain for the polycarb basement cabinet. I tried the black tank flush this morning, just not on high pressure, and I didn't see any water leaking anywhere. We're leaving on a trip on Wednesday so I'll get another chance to thoroughly dump and flush the black tank and we'll see what happens this time. Thanks for all the thoughts and suggestions.
Greg_Travels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:10 PM   #24

I love this forum....we're of course 1,000 miles from home and couldn't figure out where the water from under our fridge was coming from. After 2 attempts at the black tank flush and having water on the floor I put two and two together and got DOH! Thanks to the forum (and misfortune of others ) I now know what the problem is.

I'll dig into it when we get home and it's not 95 in the shade with 1000% humidity (we're in Florida for the week).

We have a 2014 351DS. Wondering if it's easier to pull the fridge, the water heater or pay the 5 hours of labor. Gah!

Thank you everyone....your comments are invaluable!!

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-27-2015, 09:09 PM   #25

I checked behind the refrigerator in my Georgetown XL 378 the only blue water line that is running vertically from the floor is the water line for the ice maker and water in the door. There is a plastic overflow valve in the first bedroom closet that is strapped to the hot and cold water lines for the washer/dryer. I checked the valve and it doesn't appear to be cracked or wet so I don't think that is leaking. Besides, if it was spraying my clothes would have been wet since they hang in the closet. I'll have to see later this week if when running the black tank flush if water is running through this valve or leaking anywhere else.
Greg_Travels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_Travels View Post
I checked behind the refrigerator in my Georgetown XL 378 the only blue water line that is running vertically from the floor is the water line for the ice maker and water in the door. There is a plastic overflow valve in the first bedroom closet that is strapped to the hot and cold water lines for the washer/dryer. I checked the valve and it doesn't appear to be cracked or wet so I don't think that is leaking. Besides, if it was spraying my clothes would have been wet since they hang in the closet. I'll have to see later this week if when running the black tank flush if water is running through this valve or leaking anywhere else.
That clear plastic valve is your backflow preventer for the black tank cleanout. The input from outside at the black tank cleanout port is on the bottom and the output to your black tank is on the side. There will be residula water drain from the input side tubing when you remove the water hose from the outside input port but it will not be from the black tank. The preventer has a plunger that prevents backflow plus it is mounted about 5 feet above the black tank. I believe the preventer is rated at 200 (or maybe 300) psi.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black water, water