Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #1

Blank Message Center Display

Has anyone experienced their message center not displaying anything? Mine has gone completely blank, I don't even get the odometer and if I press on any of the Select/Info/Reset buttons all I get is a beep. Everything else on the dash seems to be working just fine. I forgot to mention that I have a 2012 351. I have checked all of the fuses and I can't think of anything else to check before going to a Ford dealer. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mason
wmm1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:54 PM   #2

Happened to mine following the ford speedometer indicator recall. The Service Tech did not plug it back in all the way. Look for a ribbon cable with a small connector that plugs into the back of the speedo. I think it is on the lower right of the steering column.
It might only need to be pushed back in. Good luck.

2012 Georgetown 378XL
Toad 07 Lexus RX350
intercept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:31 PM   #3

Intercept, thanks for the idea, I looked and I don't see a ribbon cable coming from the back of the speedo. The back of the speedo and tach are all enclosed.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:32 PM   #4

There is a flat connector that if you reach under the dash on the right side you can push it in. I did it about a year and a half ago. Of course the details may be off some due to my CRS syndrome but there is one there. I will send you a location when I get to my main computer where I have the factory service data stored.

2012 Georgetown 378XL
Toad 07 Lexus RX350
Old 04-05-2014, 01:20 PM   #5

Intercept, were you able to lookup the location of that ribbon cable that you mentioned?
Old 04-06-2014, 09:54 PM   #6

Sorry for the delay. There are two circuits related to the message display. These are regular connectors not what I remembered as a ribbon involved. The attached will give you the locations (Just to the right of the steering column) as well as the connector shapes and wiring layout. My issue was the message center switch connector was not plugged all the way in. Reach under the dash and you can push it back on. You do not need to take anything apart.

Let us know what you find.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf F53 pdf.pdf (968.5 KB, 48 views)

2012 Georgetown 378XL
Toad 07 Lexus RX350
Old 04-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #7

Thanks Intercept, but it turned out to be a fuse that wasn't in the correct spot from checking for broken fuses. Message works just fine when the fuse is in.