Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2017, 02:00 PM   #1

Bluetooth TPMS

Bluetooth TPMS

How long have these been available?

I'm ordering one for our toad.
We picked up a screw last week but luckily saw it was low (very low) at a stop.

This one has a 40' range.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 05-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

I'm pretty sure it wasn't the brand you linked to but I passed by a booth last fall at the Hershey RV show that was selling them. That was the first I seen the bluetooth version specifically targeted toward R/V's.

I've read about auto bluetooth TPMS as far back as about 2015.

This company had a 'go fund me account' for R&D.
FOBO

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:41 PM   #3

Sound cool!

Hope you don't mind for me to share my two cents thought.

BlueTooth technology has become widespread. Almost every product today trying to use this technology to develop something cool for everyone to benefit, which is great. If I have few applications using the BlueTooth technology, via one of my phone or device such as iPad or any tablet is cool, and it would be fine for me since I do not have to rely upon it for my dear life if the app fails or for any reason.

That said, RV TPMS is a serious matter when I am driving my big rig, it is not a fancy electronic device that I would like to have it on my dash, I rely on it to tell me how my tires are doing at 60 to 65 mph, and if the tire are safe for going forward. It is more important to me than my GPS, or my camera monitoring system, etc. For that reason, I do want my phone to do its job of communication and the "dedicated" TPMS to keep me driving safely and alive. Granted, the TMPS that I have which cost me nearly $500 for 10 wheels may fail during my drive too, but I could spot it before I blow my tire. But rely on something that would save me some money with the unproven record, I am not sure if it is worth the money that I saved.

Again, I am not trying to steer you away from the product, just want to give you another perspective before spending the money on one of the most important devices on your RV. It is just my thought, hope that would help you to decide on which would be best for you.
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamdle View Post
Sound cool!

Hope you don't mind for me to share my two cents thought.

BlueTooth technology has become widespread. Almost every product today trying to use this technology to develop something cool for everyone to benefit, which is great. If I have few applications using the BlueTooth technology, via one of my phone or device such as iPad or any tablet is cool, and it would be fine for me since I do not have to rely upon it for my dear life if the app fails or for any reason.

That said, RV TPMS is a serious matter when I am driving my big rig, it is not a fancy electronic device that I would like to have it on my dash, I rely on it to tell me how my tires are doing at 60 to 65 mph, and if the tire are safe for going forward. It is more important to me than my GPS, or my camera monitoring system, etc. For that reason, I do want my phone to do its job of communication and the "dedicated" TPMS to keep me driving safely and alive. Granted, the TMPS that I have which cost me nearly $500 for 10 wheels may fail during my drive too, but I could spot it before I blow my tire. But rely on something that would save me some money with the unproven record, I am not sure if it is worth the money that I saved.

Again, I am not trying to steer you away from the product, just want to give you another perspective before spending the money on one of the most important devices on your RV. It is just my thought, hope that would help you to decide on which would be best for you.
Definitely something to consider.
However Bluetooth is an established tech, I can't remember when/if my phone hasn't synced with either car and my tablet has always synced with the OBII adapter in my 30' away car.
Plus anything is 100% better than what we have on our toad.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:04 PM   #5
Ben f

I love this. Thanks for sharing!
benf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms