Old 07-29-2015, 05:31 PM   #1

Brake trouble. Advise asap

Have a Georgetown 378 XL was driving on I 35 felt like brakes were getting soft I stopped and checked brake fluid all appeared fine then as I continued I felt like the brakes were really soft then my dashboard

psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:32 PM   #2

It's still me continuing my entire dashboard electrical panel went out I was able to coast into a safe place have had a RV towed to watch key I'll walk to the Ford dealership have no idea they have no idea anybody have any suggestions where I might be able to point these folks I'm stranded in a motel

Old 07-29-2015, 05:34 PM   #3
Site Team

Hopefully someone will be able to help you. Most people peruse these forums in the evening and early morning though.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:10 PM   #4

If you still have brake fluid then it might be your Hydroboost.
If your warranty is over it's going to be a little pricey.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:47 PM   #5

Under WARRENTY until the end of August!!!
Old 07-29-2015, 08:57 PM   #6
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Try calling a Ford truck dealer on the west coast (Google which ones are still open) and ask to speak to a technician. You'll need your VIN number. Why west coast? Because they are 3 hrs behind. But hurry...some may close at 7 but some probably close at 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-30-2015, 03:28 PM   #7

Sounds like you have lost your 12V system. I had this happen once and I had blown the positive post terminal in my battery. It was internal and the battery appeared normal.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by psgrandpa1 View Post
It's still me continuing my entire dashboard electrical panel went out I was able to coast into a safe place have had a RV towed to watch key I'll walk to the Ford dealership have no idea they have no idea anybody have any suggestions where I might be able to point these folks I'm stranded in a motel

💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵
PROBLEM SOLVED,...$$$$$

RV towed 60 miles to Ford Repair shop. We spent 2 nights in motel...which was ok...originally we were told maybe 3 weeks.

BRAKE LINE WAS CORRODED ON THE INSIDE OF A SEALED SYSTEM.
TECH SAID...RARE BUT CAN HAPPEN. CAUSED BY STORAGE FOR LONG PERIODS,,,DRIVEN FOR A WHILE THEN PARKED AGAIN.

THE STRAW....WE THOUGHT / KNEW WE HAD 5 year / 60,000 mile ...so, was not fretting too much. All fixed and ready to go....tech says no WARRENTY...

Sparks fly... (Me)...called THE FORD MTR CO ABOUT WARRENTY.

WE PURCHASED RV IN 2012. Rv dealership good possession in 2011.
It was the dealer responsibility to complete Ford MTR paperwork . Showing mileage, buyers name , date and mileage... Submit to them...therefore causing the Warrenty to be in our name.

After a lot of phone calls...and not done yet...I think it can be solved...but after a bunch of paperwork. Most has to be completed my me...ugh, not my problem. Therefore there is a lot of discussions with dealer...who never takes responsibility for a splinter. ‼️

Bryan & Vonnie Mathiesen
...you & me

2012 378

Sent from my iPad
Old 07-31-2015, 01:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by psgrandpa1 View Post
💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵
PROBLEM SOLVED,...$$$$$

RV towed 60 miles to Ford Repair shop. We spent 2 nights in motel...which was ok...originally we were told maybe 3 weeks.

BRAKE LINE WAS CORRODED ON THE INSIDE OF A SEALED SYSTEM.
TECH SAID...RARE BUT CAN HAPPEN. CAUSED BY STORAGE FOR LONG PERIODS,,,DRIVEN FOR A WHILE THEN PARKED AGAIN.

THE STRAW....WE THOUGHT / KNEW WE HAD 5 year / 60,000 mile ...so, was not fretting too much. All fixed and ready to go....tech says no WARRENTY...

Sparks fly... (Me)...called THE FORD MTR CO ABOUT WARRENTY.

WE PURCHASED RV IN 2012. Rv dealership good possession in 2011.
It was the dealer responsibility to complete Ford MTR paperwork . Showing mileage, buyers name , date and mileage... Submit to them...therefore causing the Warrenty to be in our name.

After a lot of phone calls...and not done yet...I think it can be solved...but after a bunch of paperwork. Most has to be completed my me...ugh, not my problem. Therefore there is a lot of discussions with dealer...who never takes responsibility for a splinter. ‼️

Bryan & Vonnie Mathiesen
...you & me

2012 378

Sent from my iPad

Thanks to all who offer words of wisdom.

Bryan & Vonnie Mathiesen
...you & me

2012 378

Sent from my iPad

Tags
brakes