Old 10-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #151
BJ

To all, I made a political comment, in a joking intent. I have been advised a few complained. If I upset anyone, I apologize. I also understand political comments are not allowed and understand.
Regards.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #152

Let me know your thoughts on this:
1. The fact that Forrest River is agreeing to cover the charges for out of warranty 'orignal owner' cases shows that they admit there is a defect in the orange return hoses. Note: if you're not a 'orignal owner', you're on your own.
2. There are obvious safety concerns. Although unlikely, there is the possibility that a slide can extend or jacks could fall while driving. Also, a line could burst while servicing your house batteries or loading a storage compartment causing serious harm.
3. Despite the fact that FR admits that there is an issue, they are not notifying their customers. IMHO, it's the less expensive route.
4. Despite the 40 + cases noted on this forum, there have only been a couple of reports to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml). This may explain FR's response. People need to report the issue.

Did I miss anything?

Just remember, the members of this forum makeup a very small subset of Georgetown owners. Many folks are not aware of this defect nor are they checking their lines at regular intervals. It's just a matter of time before an incident occurs.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjs306 View Post
Seal/gasket but I'm advised by service Ted it is a very hard and dry rotted piece of material.
You say no where near 1800. That's great if true. Please advise what you base your pricing on and what cost is it nearer. Keep in mind I will most likely have to pay someone to do it.
Thanks
So Bjs have you had a chance to look up that stuff I told you about?
Old 10-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #154
BJ

Yes I have and thank u.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #155

Just got ours back this week from local dealer, FR covered all expenses on our 2011.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by we2lovecamping View Post
Just got ours back this week from local dealer, FR covered all expenses on our 2011.

So what was replaced or fixed?
I was by my dealer that LCI was send a complete chassis kit which we believe is all the lines being replaced. They also spoke with the mechanic which told them that he thought it was heat effecting the lines. They are only rated at 150 degrees. Also FR has called and asked a questions about my MH.
Hopefully I get it back next week

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #157

All orange hydraulic hoses were replaced. I emailed John Armstrong about a month ago he had me email him pictures of the bulging hoses and after seeing them he told us to find a FR service dept and they would cover all expenses even though we were out of warranty (2011). He said this was a special situation. Dealership ordered hoses from Lippert taking about 10 days. Very pleased with the way FR handled the situation. We love our Georgetown 378.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #158
BJ

Can I have Mr Armstrongs email?
Has anyone checked the motor that works the pump for leaks or oil dripping from it?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #159

Jarmstrong@forestriverinc.com I'm not sure about motors being checked..
Old 10-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #160

As I posted earlier, make sure your dealer is replacing all of the hoses. There should be 7 orange hoses to replace. My dealer initially only replaced 5 hoses telling me that is all John Armstrong, FR and Lippert would cover. Wasn't until "I CHECKED" that I discovered two additional blistered lines. To my dealers credit (RVONE), they didn't bother going through FR or Lippert and had a local mobile mechanic replace the final 2 lines with NYState DOT certified lines which are twice as thick as Lipperts junk.

sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote