Old 10-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #31

Checked my out, noticed that the hoses in the above picture do not have any markings on them. Our Orange hoses are marked as Eaton hoses and all appear to be okay at this point. Ours in a 2011 378. Hope that better hoses are now being used as we really don't want that problem. Our dealer is painfully slow in resolving any warrenty issues.

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyjoe View Post
I left a message with John Armstrong, and e-mailed Mike Burns. NO RESPONSE. Do I have to call Warren B.? What do I have to do to get a response? This is a known issue, should not be an issue to address. I will start sending an e-mail everyday, then we are taking this issue higher up in the company. Really feel bad about the no response from FR.
.... I received the same customer service ... reference numerous other mfg. problems .... I also hate to be ignored.... not even a go to hell, get lost, your on your own.... NOTHING ...SOOOOOoooooooo I persuded another route !
..... ! : D

08 340 TS Georgetown SE
07 GL18007
www.centexpgr.org
mac wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #33
410 QS 425 2011 Birkshire

Here is part of a email from Equalizer Systems POP THE BUBBLE if only air comes out wrap with tape no further work is needed,If there is oil at all present then the hose assembly needs to be replaced Mark Eichorn Equalizer Systems 1 800 846 9659-317 I have a BE410QS425
Old 10-17-2011, 10:26 AM   #34

I've sent emails to John Armstrong and Mike Burns and not received replies. Apparently they are starting to ignore those ppl out of warranty.

Now that the season is over I'm going to pop one of my bubbles. I suspect it gas and not hydraulic fluid. That little polyureathane jacket cannot possibly hold back hyrdaulic fluid under pressure anyway.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #35

I had just one orange line with bubbles. I depressurized my system and took that hose off.....the bubbles had did hydraulic fluid in themI

The fix was an easy trip to CarQuest. They cut a length of hose and they had the correct fittings for each end. The hard part was reaching to the center of the coach to remove the far end of the line, and even harder to snug it back on again.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbbjc View Post
I had just one orange line with bubbles. I depressurized my system and took that hose off.....the bubbles had did hydraulic fluid in themI

The fix was an easy trip to CarQuest. They cut a length of hose and they had the correct fittings for each end. The hard part was reaching to the center of the coach to remove the far end of the line, and even harder to snug it back on again.
Don, how hard do you think it will be to change all the orange lines? Are they all routed together? What do you do to de-pressureize the system?
Glad you only had one bad hose. I am so mad at FR for there poor response for these bad hoses I am going to their upper management.
Washington the State
Camped 38 Nights 2010
johnnyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #37

Recieved email from Mike Burns today, it is gatefully recieved. I was losing hope in FR. I am happy to report they are out there and willing to help. I do not feel so alone with this now, I am sure it will go well from here on.
Washington the State
Camped 38 Nights 2010
johnnyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #38

I noticed this back in march 2011 on our 2011 Georgetown 350. Took to the dealer and they were replaced under warranty but the dealer said that forest river did not want to pay for the old hoses to be removed and only wanted them to just run the new hoses. Dealer pushed back and FR eventually agreed to pay for the removal of the old hoses. Can you imagine the mess with old dripping hoses dangling lose under the motor home. Can't believe FR would even suggest something like that. But all is fixed now and no more issues. Most of my hoses are black now but there are a couple of orange hoses but they appeared to be new as well.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:50 AM   #39

my 2011 378 has had the pump replaced...I just checked my hoses & found the orange ones were blistered...I'm taking it to B & E in Ocala for repairs as my 1 year warranty expires on 11/13.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #40

Some one correct me if I am wrong, everyone refers to the orange lines. I have a 2011 360 and all my lines are black, some are tagged with orange tags, but the hoses are all the same. My question is---Are the lines actually orange in color that are blistering, or are they like mine and just tagged orange. As of this writing and almost 3k miles on the unit, All my lines are A-ok. Just want to be sure.