Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #101

what brand name is stamped on your hoes ?
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydriven View Post
what brand name is stamped on your hoes ?
Not going to go there.........Come-on, I know others caught onto what I was thinking....
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #103

strange cookie, alittle miss spelled, just wanted to know if lippert was stamped on your hydraulic LINES or another name ...
Old 07-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #104

The defective hoses on my unit are stamped with "Eaton". The hoses I just received are from Lippert (and stamped with "Lippert"). These hoses were ordered by FR and shipped directly to my house.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	16366

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	16367

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	16368

Name:	photo 5.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	16369
lochsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #105

Very good, thank you, reason i ask , is that my 2012...378 has lippert stamped on them, but some units before an after mine have the others.. guess just luck of the draw when it come down the line ...
thanks again
Old 07-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #106

I have read about the orange hose failures.
Do you know that I have had 2 hole failures in my 2012 378TS and they were on the (black) hoses leaving the pump to my bedroom slide. Failed at the crimped end at the pump but bleed between the outter and innder layers of the hose.
Now I had a blowout on my front right leveller. It blew at the crimped end at the leveller connection. (black line)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLPurinton View Post
Just bought a new 350 last month. First trip out and when we get to site sliders won't come out and jacks won't come down. Looked all over and found reservoir for ATF behind hydraulic pump empty and pink fluid everywhere. Took back to dealer. Needs new Lippert pump which has to be made. Then hoses checked and probably replaced. This is a brand new coach. I'm wondering if there is a problem with the Lippert pumps in general.
Had problems with hydraulic pump when we first bought the RV. We keep extra seals now, but so far, the replacement seal has held. As for the bulges and orange hoses, Orlando RV replaced all of them with custom cut hoses so that this will not occur again. No charge to us but it did take about two weeks to get everything done. Our RV is under a year old and we are planning a month long trip in September, and as one of the mechanics said, everything seems to be a "do over." We hope our do overs are done for a while.
tonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #108

Its just poor manufacturing an installers knew they had bad looking crimped hoses or awkward bends when they were doing it, i understand hoses came from somewhere else, but installers seen the awkward bends that would cause problems, i say SHAME on forest river an those people in asembly should be re-school with some pride in what there doing .... we like our 378 .. but some of these things should of never happened...
Old 07-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #109
BJ

One would think F R or Lipsrt would do a recall for everyone who has issues. Not like they don't know who purchased one.
They shoul fix all. My hoses were rePlaced by FR per Mr Armstrong in the warranty dept. problem is the pump is next to go because fluid is leaking through the motor. $1300 to fix it at my pocket cost. Really sucks.
Bjs306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #110

Exclamation

Neither of them will do a voluntary recall without being pressured to do so. It's so much cheaper to approve/deny warranty claims. The right way to deal with this situation is to file a complaint with the NHTSA. They will do the proper investigation and have the power to make things right. I've counted 24 unique forum members who have experienced the orange hose blistering defect. It's an obvious problem with possible safety implications. This forum makes up a very small subset of the Georgetown owners (best selling gas Class 'A' ). Imagine how many other folks out there have this hidden surprise....

Until folks file a complaint, nothing will be done...
lochsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #111

As I posted on another thread, just went to look at a 2011 GT 330TS last night that DW and I have a deposit on. Because of this forum, I sought out the location of the hydraulic pump (thought it would be under the hood like my Tiffin) found it under the stairs. Very obvious that the orange line was blistered, without using even a flashlight. Lines are stamped with Eaton. Salesman said he would look into it with service today. Did not look closely at the hydraulic pump which from this and another thread on this forum seems to be as big of an issue (with Hyd. Fluid) getting into the motor windings. Between the two issues, seriously considering canceling my deposit on the 330 and perhaps Forest River in general.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #112

Spoke to John Armstrong a week ago and he was very surprise to hear that I was having BLACK line blowouts. It seems all he hear about is ORANGE line bubbling and failures.

My rig is in the shop for my 2nd BLACK line blowout failure.

TO ALL TO READ AND CHECK YOUR HOSES
FYI if you see any minor leak in your system you should check now. It seems the lines leak a little at the compression fitting and leak between the outter casing and the inner line. It starts bubbling then leaks as the bubbles ruptures with a pin hole. Then one day POOF. You have blow out.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #113

I have my rig in at the dealer for routine service and requested that they inspect all the hydraulic lines for bulges. Just got a call from my service tech and no bulges - whew!
Sterling All-Terrain Tow Bar - SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
Do What You Like - Like What You Do!
Los Popes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Popes View Post
I have my rig in at the dealer for routine service and requested that they inspect all the hydraulic lines for bulges. Just got a call from my service tech and no bulges - whew!
Glad to hear. My 2 showed up right away and were blow outs not buldges. I plan on keeping a close eye on all lines and fittings for now one.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #115

Also have bulging lines

We just finished a nice trip from Palm Springs to San Francisco and back staying at 4 different RV sites along the coast with our 11' 350TS. The trip went without a hitch and the MH drove well.
After getting home I went to move out the slides to clean the inside and shampoo the carpets and the slides moved real slowly. Checked the hydraulic reservoir and found it to be 2 pints low. Upon further inspection I also found my orange lines was starting to bulge but not the black ones (I have both). I checked all the lines prior to the trip (because of this great forum) and found no bulges. So like Iggy said check your lines often because the bulges show up quickly.
Also while under the MH, I inspected everything and found my A/C compressor is leaking its oil after only 5k miles. I remember reading another member had the same issue. So it might be another item to check every so often.
Jeff.
concours14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Isola View Post
Just heard back from the dealer. Apparently this is a common issue with the orange lines. Forest River approved the work for warranty, and parts are on order. If a problem is known - why does FR continue to install these lines?

"If a problem is known - why does FR continue to install these lines?"

The question is...... Why don't they have a recall/replace on all of them.
jojo bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #117

Orange and Black Hydralic Line leaks

I think this problem has been handled well by the owners.
Seems now everyone is checking their hydralic lines for leaks and/or bubbles in the outter and inner casings of the lines.
If you see any signs of any leaks this may be the sign the bubbles have started to spray a small amount of fluid out.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo bamboo View Post
"If a problem is known - why does FR continue to install these lines?"

The question is...... Why don't they have a recall/replace on all of them.
Don't know but my dealer says he has ordered a lot of hydralic lines on many different brands with the same problem. Lippert is our hydralic system manuf. not Forest River.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #119

Someone posted earlier a link to a Monaco Forum that talks about the same problem, with Monaco owners seeming to have even a bigger problem with the hydraulic motors getting burned out.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #120

I beleive the Monaco pumps that are being replaced are the same ones we have.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote