Old 05-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #81

Thanks you for the update
One would think FR would recall those orange lines, its happening to a lot of folks,our 378 is about 6mos. older than yours an haven't seen the problem, an i check it often.
8.2 sounds right, that's what we got last trip pulling our fiat..... thanks for the update . oh recall not a big deal, they put a shield by shifting cable so it doesn't rub on other things, while i was there i had them check front end alignment, my steering wheel was not centered, alignment was ok an they improved the steering wheel some, something about the column has a 10 degree joint in it that makes it hard or impossible to center.. so far we've had no big problems, nothing super glue won't fix, i got a front leveler that wants to come down alittle when sitting retracted but nobody can seem to figure out, an of coarse the leaking reservoir cap which i gave up on .. guess its just all part of it .... drive safe.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #82

Just brought our 2011 378 back from the dealer after replacement of 118 ft of orange hydraulic hose. We were at the very end of the warranty. Forest River and our dealer, Paul Sherry RV took care it without complaint. Hope this is the end of hydraulic issues!

Old 05-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #83

Wondering, did all orange hoses have Lippert stamp on them ?
Old 05-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyjoe View Post
Called John Armstrong at FR, and left a message about buldges. Hope he returns my call. Could I change these myself, I am pretty handy. I guess I am asking if anyone elese has changed hydraullic hoses. MH is not here so I can't look. Let me know what you think.
After contacting John Armstrong last Fall about the bad hydraulic lines he agreed to cover replacement. I had motor home in storage and was not able to bring it to Spokane until this Spring. Forest River and John Armstrong understood my issue and agreed they would replace in the Spring when snow melted. I took my 378 to R&R rv in Spokane and they worked with Forest River to get the parts. They took my rv in and fixed it in 2 weeks time, and they were very busy at the time. I want to thank R&R as I did not purchase my rv at their store, but they treated me like I was their best customer. They did good work and all is working great. I also would like to thank John Armstrong and Forest River for stepping up and doing the right thing. My motor home was 6 months out of warranty when I noticed issue, and over a year out when I was able to get it in for repairs. Very happy with the result.
Washington the State
Camped 38 Nights 2010
johnnyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #85

Harleydriven, the old hoses were Eaton Synflex. I'll have to look closer at the new ones tomorrow. Don't think they are Lippert.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #86

I spoke to someone that has a lot of knowledge with high pressure hydraulic lines.
I have shown him the pictures from here and his answer is....

He says the problem is not the lines themselves but the technique they use to install the end fitting is the problem. If they are installed incorrectly they will leak between the outer jacket and the interior line. This will cause the bubbles forming on the outer jacket.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #87

New Pump and Lines

Just bought a new 350 last month. First trip out and when we get to site sliders won't come out and jacks won't come down. Looked all over and found reservoir for ATF behind hydraulic pump empty and pink fluid everywhere. Took back to dealer. Needs new Lippert pump which has to be made. Then hoses checked and probably replaced. This is a brand new coach. I'm wondering if there is a problem with the Lippert pumps in general.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydriven View Post
Wondering, did all orange hoses have Lippert stamp on them ?
Harleydriven -

Yes, the new hoses have Lippert Component printed on them...
Old 06-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLPurinton View Post
Just bought a new 350 last month. First trip out and when we get to site sliders won't come out and jacks won't come down. Looked all over and found reservoir for ATF behind hydraulic pump empty and pink fluid everywhere. Took back to dealer. Needs new Lippert pump which has to be made. Then hoses checked and probably replaced. This is a brand new coach. I'm wondering if there is a problem with the Lippert pumps in general.

My 2012 had a bad line blow just about 1/2" above the fitting the valve body. Will have it replaced this coming week after almost 3 weeks waiting. They sent the hose but no O rings and they had to wait for them. Not sure if each fitting gets an O ring or they may just be spicing in a shorter piece.
We will wait and see.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #90

I'm unbelievably upset right now... After a closer look I found blistering on every orange return line on my 2010. I contacted John Armstrong who informed me that since I'm the second owner, there was nothing he could do. He later agreed to pay for the replacement hoses but the labor is on me (my dealer just quoted me $800+ for the labor). I plan to contact FR's Division Manager, Dan Evans, to see if they can help me out. I'll post updates as I know more.