Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #1

Business must be good..

Forest River / Georgetown must be doing well. I just ordered a Georgetown 335 ds. They tell me I won't see it until late may early June! Not that I would likely use it much in the intervening 90+ days, but I am anxious to get my hands on it to become familliar with the workings of the components.
Is this a normal time frame, or is business and the economyy improving?

In the meantime, I am considering a factory tour. Is this worth the rime & effort?

I'm not sure if I feel more like an expectant father or a kid the week before Christmas!
Jim Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #2
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sullivan View Post
Forest River / Georgetown must be doing well. I just ordered a Georgetown 335 ds. They tell me I won't see it until late may early June! Not that I would likely use it much in the intervening 90+ days, but I am anxious to get my hands on it to become familliar with the workings of the components.
Is this a normal time frame, or is business and the economyy improving?

In the meantime, I am considering a factory tour. Is this worth the rime & effort?

I'm not sure if I feel more like an expectant father or a kid the week before Christmas!
Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the forum!

Some of the factories were running at 5 weeks over the holidays. But it's the RV show season so I am sure the orders are backing up.

Yes! By all means do a factory tour. It's very informative. I plan on doing a few when we go to Goshen in Aug.

I went from happiness to "what have I done" to happiness to "Can I handle towing this monster" to happiness to impatience to...... Well you get the idea!

Enjoy the time waiting by spending more $$ get all the stuff you'll need to outfit your new home on wheels.

Again...Congrats!

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:04 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

to the forums and congrats on the new Gerorgetown. When we bought our coach we were told 6 weeks. It turned into 10 before we took delivery. As stated above just after the RV Shows start, the back up begins. In our case it was the fall show at Hershey PA. The model we purchased had 5 Sold signs on it. Funny thing was we went back after signing our papers to look at the RV and there were 2 other couples in the RV. We all had bought this model and the one couple actually bought that particular coach. We all had that "What have we done" Look.
If there's anything we can help with, other than payments, please ask. There's tons of info here. Be safe and

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #4

Hi Jim,
Congrats on your new purchase. I see you are from Holland. Did you buy from Terrytown? That's were I got my GT last fall. They told me 6-8 weeks and it came out to be 12. I was the same way when I picked it up, very excited. I went to get it two days after it arrived at the dealer. I will say they were pretty good, but the rig was not in the best delivery condition. The guy doing the walk-thru didn't know much about the unit. One thing i would be careful with is the features and options could change without notice. I absolutely did not want the "disc" antenna and ordered the crank up version. It came with the disc. The dealer was great by offering to add a crank up antenna at no cost.

The factory tour is pretty good and worth the trip. Georgetown is the best seller gasser on the market (or least when I was researching to buy). So it stands to reason that it would take longer to get a new unit. You might want to do the tour when your unit is being built. The dealer will tell you when it will be going down the line.

I just made my appt for warranty service at Terrytown for April. I just a few things, so I'm overall happy with our purchase. We have a 2013 before the residential frig ang better chassis....darn it.

And when you get you new unit, don't forget the "free" suspension mod. It worked great. I'll be at Terrytown 4.24 if you want to stop by and I can show you how to do it....and some other things that might be helpful. Just let me know.
MGOBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Jim congrats on the purchase!
8-10 weeks is pretty average across the board.
I've not done a factory tour but I guess I'm getting one in August!
Good luck!

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #6

We did not buy from Terrytown. We were in Florida when we started looking, and found prices there a bit steeper. We shopped dealers along our path home too. We were planning a trip to Cape Cod this spring, so online shopped dealers along that route as well. Found that RV Direct was $3,000 to $5,000 less than the "best deal" in Grand Rapids, so we will be picking up the unit in Buffalo, NY.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #7

And when you get you new unit, don't forget the "free" suspension mod. It worked great. I'll be at Terrytown 4.24 if you want to stop by and I can show you how to do it....and some other things that might be helpful. Just let me know.[/QUOTE]

[What free suspension mod? Tell me more!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #8

I was going to use RV Direct too. But at the last minute Terrytown stepped in to beat the RV Direct price. The suspension mod is moving the front and rear sway bar holes from the front (outer) holes to the rear (inner) holes. You can find more details on it on the at:

Cheap Handling Fix - iRV2 Forums

it's an easy "do it yourself" fix that makes a big difference.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #9

time and tour?

How does one call the factory to find out build times and tours? I was told i was on track for the end of the month but from reading here i cant see how that is possible.

Thanks,
fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #10

My dealer told me all the dates of when the unit was starting production, paint, etc. They just forwarded me emails from the factory rep. I'd recommend pushing the dealer for a better answer and then calling the factory customer service to set up a plant tour.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #11

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullenw View Post
How does one call the factory to find out build times and tours? I was told i was on track for the end of the month but from reading here i cant see how that is possible.

Thanks,

The number I used to contact the factory was (574) 296 7700. I was asked the model ordered and the dealer. She agreed to look up the order and get back to me with a couple of times when they would be building the model I ordered. There was no guarantee that my unit would be in progress, but at least it would be a similar unit. Was yours a custom order, or one the dealer had in the works?
Old 03-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sullivan View Post
The number I used to contact the factory was (574) 296 7700. I was asked the model ordered and the dealer. She agreed to look up the order and get back to me with a couple of times when they would be building the model I ordered. There was no guarantee that my unit would be in progress, but at least it would be a similar unit. Was yours a custom order, or one the dealer had in the works?
When you call the number above, ask for Craig Fawcett. He's very helpful with this information.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #13

I'm on my second Georgetown. Had to wait for the first one because they set up the production line to run one model at a time and it took awhile until they switched to my model. The second one was already on the sales lot which was much easier.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #14

My dealer said that mine was still on schedule for the end of the month...i'm going with that for now.
fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #15

Tour set

I will be taking the factory tour on Wednesday afternoon. Dealer says delivery at the end of May, factory says my sscheduled build date is 3/28. We'll see who is right...
Old 03-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #16
MI Camperz

Congrats on what sounds like a beautiful motorhome. I think the economy is improving. When I bought my camper it was a few years old almost three years ago. Nothing was moving in the worst of the economy. The RV factories were laying off big time. I noticed prices trickled up on the lots/ads this summer. I can sell mine three years later for more than I paid for it because of the upswing. Good deal! Keep people working.
Lynn and Mike
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #17

It seems from post that this not a Georgetown motor home forum any more, just saying
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGOBlue View Post
I was going to use RV Direct too. But at the last minute Terrytown stepped in to beat the RV Direct price. The suspension mod is moving the front and rear sway bar holes from the front (outer) holes to the rear (inner) holes. You can find more details on it on the at:

Cheap Handling Fix - iRV2 Forums

it's an easy "do it yourself" fix that makes a big difference.
Not a good idea,those holes are there for other applications other than motor homes.Yeah it will make it stiffer but not intended to be that way,thats why there where they are...
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydriven View Post
Not a good idea,those holes are there for other applications other than motor homes.Yeah it will make it stiffer but not intended to be that way,thats why there where they are...
I respectfully disagree. I talked extensively with an engineering rep from the Ford Motorhome Chassis group and he told me that is exactly what those holes are to be used for. He said most people elect to change the hole position for a stiffer ride and better handling for motorhomes.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #20

Harleydriven, this issue has been debated by hundreds if not more on irv2 forum where a guy named Jim first came across the extra holes. Sorry, you are well in the minority on that opinion.

To the OP, Congratulations on your Georgetown! The folks at Buffalo RV will take very good care of you. Service and Parts Manager Bill P. is just about the most stand up guy you'll meet in this business!! In addition, Bill's service writers, Debra and Mark will go to no end to help you. I dealt with the co-owner Mark Stroll upon delivery of my unit to straighten out a mis-understanding. He even went so far as to have my rig washed and waxed by an outside company as an additional thanks. They'll take good care of you for sure. Good Luck!
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is online now   Reply With Quote