Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #1

Cool cable

I brought a tv for my bedroom in my Georgetown 3250. cable was suppose to be pre wired through out. but I get no cable in the bedroom. it's hooked up to the jack, but no cable ,I got power to the tv .Does anybody have any ideas??
reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Have you tried the menu on the TV to see what the input is set at? Probably defaults for antenna. Change to Cable and run the search for channel set-up. Also do you have a video selector box for front TV, rear TV ?. Cable may not be connected at the selector box if you have one.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
Always Learning

Does cable work on any other TV in the RV?
Old 08-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #4

I've done the set up already, where would the selector box be located??
Old 08-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #5

Yes the tv work everywhere else in the home.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy View Post
I've done the set up already, where would the selector box be located??
Mine I'd in the front above the passenger seat where the DVD player is.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #7

and if I don't have a selector box, any other ideas?
Old 08-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #8
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy View Post
and if I don't have a selector box, any other ideas?
I'm pretty sure you have to have one somewhere. Have you contacted Forest River and asked them where it is?
Old 08-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #9

ran into same problem / selector switch on cable, tv input set to cable, ran auto search and tv found no channels / main tv worked fine
ltypd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #10

So how did you fix the problem??
Old 08-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #11

I have no answer, but I would add to the problem. I get cable on the bedroom TV not on the living room one. I've been through the cabinet where the DVD player is and there is no switch selector. There is, however, a small box down below next to the co-axial cable connector in the electrical hook-up compartment. This box pops open with various wires going this way and that (sorry my RV is packed away right now). I suspect this is where the solution to the issue lies. My Georgetown is a 2004 370xl. I presume this is not like the version you're dealing with.
jimsaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #12

My Georgetown is a 2004, 3250
Old 08-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #13

Well then, I guess we're soul brothers after a fashion. Well I can tell you what I have done. I went through all of the set-up procedures you've done with similar results. There is a wall outlet with a co-axial cable sticking out big as life in the DVD cabinet. I have not determined what the devil this does. It sure doesn't go to the back TV. I have connected my TV to it. Nothing--wrong--it does get 3 scratcy channels connected to my antenna. Hardly sufficient. What I'm going to do is experiment with my home cable and the longest coaxial cable I can find and plug it into everything--see what happens. When I discover what needs to be hooked up to what I wouldn't know how to route the cable from one end of the coach to the other, that's for sure. Under the coach? I also may experiment with that little box next in the shore hook-up down below like I said. I'm not an electrician so this is a last resort. I have similar issues with the satellite hook-up only in reverse. There is a fellow who is an electrician who wanders through these forums (I think his name is "Iggy") he has a diagram he can show what to do upstairs with your dish (if you have one). Very helpful. I'm not sure I'm being helpful, but maybe talking it out leads to avenues toward solutions. Good luck.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #14

Thank You
Old 08-16-2013, 06:15 AM   #15

This $39.99 Coax Cable Mapper from Home Depot might help you out:

Triplett Coaxial Cable Mapper With 8 Remotes Carrying Case-3274 at The Home Depot
chill960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #16

Had a similar issue discovered during our 2014 335 shakedown. Both the living room and bedroom tv worked okay on antenna, but not on cable. The television setting was selected to antenna/cable, so it seemed correct. Not so. In order to receive cable at the campgound I had to go into the initial tv setup and select "cable" and scan for channels.
soconor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #17

tried that as well but tv did not pick up any channels on the scan
ltypd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #18

I suppose you've tried all the set-up procedures. The one I missed was doing the set-up of channels channel by channel rather than the bulk set-up. Of course, those aren't the right terms, but I'm not with my rig at the moment. There was some prompt like "do you want to include this channel" etc. If you're like me, it became a to the death project and I went through every permutation. Good luck.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #19

since the switch to HD, you may need a HD tuner for the back TV.
akcampr is offline   Reply With Quote