Old 10-29-2013, 07:29 PM   #1

Cable/Antenna Fixed

Finally got around to fixing my cable/antenna issues. I got a crimp tool along with nice connectors and replaced them all. Come to find out, when it was put together, they ran a coax from the antenna input to the Aux input in the switch box. It was all jacked up. I'd like to thank the individual that send me the diagram that shows how it should be hooked up. Now I have perfect reception and the switch box actually works.

Now I need to figure out how to get FR to fix my MIA refrigerator inverter. I'm going to have to call them because they haven't replied to my email.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #2

I would thank you if you would post the diagram here for many to use including myself.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #3

Here it is. It's hard to read, but it's all I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV_Wiring_Diagram.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	42025  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #4

Thank you, things like this are hard to come by most of the time.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
Finally got around to fixing my cable/antenna issues. I got a crimp tool along with nice connectors and replaced them all. Come to find out, when it was put together, they ran a coax from the antenna input to the Aux input in the switch box. It was all jacked up. I'd like to thank the individual that send me the diagram that shows how it should be hooked up. Now I have perfect reception and the switch box actually works.

Now I need to figure out how to get FR to fix my MIA refrigerator inverter. I'm going to have to call them because they haven't replied to my email.
I'm curious - you say that they "ran a coax from the antenna input to the Aux input". Our 351 has a coax connected to the "aux input" but I assume that is for prep for satellite should I ever decide to add. (?). I have no way of knowing where the Coax is coming from.

We are having issues with antenna reception on the bedroom TV. As an experiment, I ran a coax from the outside coax connector that's inside the curbside storage bay, through the window and connected to one of the bunk bed TV's. It was able to tune it in the local channels where we are, so I know it's not an antenna issue. (BTW, it's a mystery to me why FR doesn't wire the bunk TV's for antenna/cable reception, but that's another thread for another day).

All connections are clean and tight. Not really sure where to look from here, but I won't spend too much more time on this before letting a tech deal with it when we take it in next time.

-Mike
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43D18 View Post
I'm curious - you say that they "ran a coax from the antenna input to the Aux input". Our 351 has a coax connected to the "aux input" but I assume that is for prep for satellite should I ever decide to add. (?). I have no way of knowing where the Coax is coming from.

We are having issues with antenna reception on the bedroom TV. As an experiment, I ran a coax from the outside coax connector that's inside the curbside storage bay, through the window and connected to one of the bunk bed TV's. It was able to tune it in the local channels where we are, so I know it's not an antenna issue. (BTW, it's a mystery to me why FR doesn't wire the bunk TV's for antenna/cable reception, but that's another thread for another day).

All connections are clean and tight. Not really sure where to look from here, but I won't spend too much more time on this before letting a tech deal with it when we take it in next time.

-Mike
They had a loop (same cable) from the antenna input to the aux input of the box. They also had the antenna coax (coming from the amp) to the cable input. So basically, I only had antenna and could not get cable and the switch on the box did nothing. I hooked up all the coax as they should be and now when I want to watch cable, I move the switch on the box to cable or antenna. The aux is for something else you want to ad such as a blue ray player, cable box, etc. The input for the aux is on the white receptacle behind the switch box where the amp button is.

I bought a crimp tool along with nice connectors and a tester. I had a couple of the factory crimps that were not crimped properly and it was causing reception issues. After checking them all and redoing the bad ones we have perfect reception on all TVs including the kids bunkbeds.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #7

So do your bunk TVs receive cable and antenna signals too?

Our bunk tvs are connected to a coax but I assumed that was to connect the two in order to share a dvd signal or something. Would be great if they can receive tv signals too.

Its a mystery to me why our bedroom tv will tune in cable channels ok but not antenna channels. If I'm reading the diagram correctly (kinda hard...its blurry) both cable and antenna signals travel thru the same coax to the bedroom so if cable works, antenna should too. (?) In all fairness the picture quality thru cable on the bedroom tv isn't quitw as good as thw front, but it's pretty good, and does at least get thw channels

Appreciate your feedback on all this

Mike
Old 11-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #8

Quote:

Our bunk tvs are connected to a coax but I assumed that was to connect the two in order to share a dvd signal or something. Would be great if they can receive tv signals too.

Its a mystery to me why our bedroom tv will tune in cable channels ok but not antenna channels. If I'm reading the diagram correctly (kinda hard...its blurry) both cable and antenna signals travel thru the same coax to the bedroom so if cable works, antenna should too. (?) In all fairness the picture quality thru cable on the bedroom tv isn't quitw as good as thw front, but it's pretty good, and does at least get thw channels

Mike
That diagram you have is for a GT 378TS. It's all I had and it's for my coach. Your coach would have possibly more splitters and I have read some reports that some splitters have been installed incorrectly ("in" vs "out"). Because of your bunks you may have more splitters in your coax scheme. Those splitters could be installed just about anywhere if you wanted to check them. Good luck.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #9

Quote:

Mike
Yes, all TVs have cable/antenna. The output of the box that says TV out goes to all of the TVs with splitters in between. Due to how some of my connectors were crimped and how the coax were incorrectly installed, I can imagine that they screwed up your splitter for the bunk beds. The one in the bedroom is a mystery because it uses the exact same coax for both cable/antenna. If you have good reception for cable, you should have the same for the antenna. If you have bad reception for both then I would say it's a bad connector.

I was able to DIY my issues, but I think yours will be a real PITA since you don't know the location of the splitters. I would take yours in to have the shop fix it.

It still amazes me that you pay so much for a vehicle and some of these things slip through. I understand that things break and things come unglued and this and that. However, I don't understand how something so important to the consumer (TV) could be so screwed up on some of our coaches. In my case, I also don't understand how an entire inverter was not installed.

Good luck, and report if you find the problem or if the shop fixed it.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #10

Thanks. Alparmmer referenced good tv reception on all tvs including the bunk beds and I was under the impression those tvs were dvd monitors only.

We'll locate the issue in time I hope

Thx

Mike

Tags
antenna