Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2017, 05:24 PM   #21

sat tv hookup

Thank you for your service & reply, I was USAF, 1970-1974, 1yr udorn rtafb, and 2 yrs guam , SSgt. Anyway, I tried hooking it up thru the cable and it would only pull in one Sat. Called dish and they said the tailgater system didn't have enough juice to push signal thru all splitters etc. Works fine direct hook up thru window. I am going to try a cable connector at the movietime box between cable hook up to tv hookup, thus bypassing the box and see it that works. Do you know if the aux/sat cable is hooked to anything or is it just laying loose in roof for roof mounted system?
Jerre turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:54 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerre turner View Post
Thank you for your service & reply, I was USAF, 1970-1974, 1yr udorn rtafb, and 2 yrs guam , SSgt. Anyway, I tried hooking it up thru the cable and it would only pull in one Sat. Called dish and they said the tailgater system didn't have enough juice to push signal thru all splitters etc. Works fine direct hook up thru window. I am going to try a cable connector at the movietime box between cable hook up to tv hookup, thus bypassing the box and see it that works. Do you know if the aux/sat cable is hooked to anything or is it just laying loose in roof for roof mounted system?
It's just laying loose. Thanks for your service also.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:45 PM   #23

thanks chief
Old 06-06-2017, 08:19 AM   #24
I Break Everything

I've been following this thread off and on. The exact same thing happened to me with this little cable box. Nothing seemed broken. yet on the inside of the box it was, the defect was not something I could see even after opening the original box. I didn't have much hope when I put the new one in until I did the auto tuning and walla!! cable was back in all 5 TVs. These are on Amazon with a bucnh of other splitters as well, but ebay was cheapest and new.
Click image for larger version

Name:	cable box.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	140281

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:00 PM   #25

Switch box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Robert do you have a switch like this?
You never mentioned you switch from Roof Antenna to Campground Cable.
It go were 0n your 378 is this box located? I have a 2017, 378 and can't get a clear cable reception. Thanks
Rvlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:05 PM   #26

Iggy

This was a post to Iggy spell check destroyed it.
Rvlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:04 PM   #27

Connect Satellite Receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgew48 View Post
You can hook your satellite cable up to the cable hook up in the rr compartment. It will work for cable or satellite. That's the way mine works on my 2015 377.

Ps, set the switch on the movievision box to cable. The only time you need to set the switch to satellite is if you have a roof top mounted satellite dish that is hooked up to the pre installed cables on the roof..
Where and how do you connect the satellite receiver if you connect your satellite to the cable hookup?
tennvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:24 PM   #28

RVlove - above your tv in the bedroom you will see a green light and a push button on the plate - green light on for antenna green light off for cable
koller1509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:02 AM   #29

you just have to push the tv up, the first time in is hard because the rubber grommets on the tv that go into the mount are stuck, my dish tailgater systems uses a hdmi cable from the receiver to the tv. Not real handy. I've tried to push the sat signal thru the cable connection on the rear of the coach, but wont go. Maybe since I've tightened all connections it will. And I replaced the selector box
Old 08-13-2017, 09:02 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennvols View Post
Where and how do you connect the satellite receiver if you connect your satellite to the cable hookup?
I have this part figured out...I just don't know how to hook the receiver to the movie vision box and the TV.
tennvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:47 AM   #31

what kind of sat system do you have? I have A TAILGATER system, and hooking it up to the tv in the bedroom becomes a problem because the signal goes thru too many splitters to work properly. What I did was attach two sat cables in the rear of the coach adjacent to the existing hookup and run it up and behind the lower drawers in the bedroom, then one up thru cabinets to bedroom tv and the other along the right side of the coach behind the furnace,bathroom, etc. Cable comes out where the right side slide wires are all bundled up. It's a real trick to get the cable thru there, but with a wire pusher/puller it can be done.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:51 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerre turner View Post
what kind of sat system do you have? I have A TAILGATER system, and hooking it up to the tv in the bedroom becomes a problem because the signal goes thru too many splitters to work properly. What I did was attach two sat cables in the rear of the coach adjacent to the existing hookup and run it up and behind the lower drawers in the bedroom, then one up thru cabinets to bedroom tv and the other along the right side of the coach behind the furnace,bathroom, etc. Cable comes out where the right side slide wires are all bundled up. It's a real trick to get the cable thru there, but with a wire pusher/puller it can be done.

I'm still trying to figure out the televisions in my 2016 Georgetown MH . Some times I get many local channels, next time just a few. Have to a channel search each time. Ideas
will vw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 03:19 PM   #33

If your camper is moving from location to location you probably will have to do a channel search each time you move using either the antenna feed or cable feed (depending on if the rv park has cable). If you have to do a channel search every time you turn on tv, then you probably need to have your tv looked at
Old 08-15-2017, 03:21 PM   #34

did your selling dealer not go over this with you? or did you just buy from someone?

Tags
cable