Old 08-31-2016, 07:01 PM   #11
Okay fellas. Thanks for all of your input and because of your input I have decided to locate the inverter in the cargo bay to the left of my steps. About a 2 feet away from my batteries. I will then run Romex cable to carry 120 volt to my transfer switch behind my breaker panel.
The only reason I am using a 1000 Watt inverter is because that is what I have in my "stuff" box. It is a Xantrex Prowatt inverter.
Unless someone sees an issue or problem thanks again for everyone input.

2013 Georgetown XL 378
2008 Honda CR-V
wrapperman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:03 PM   #12
I installed a 150 watt pure sine wave inverter at the location of the tv and direct tv receiver. It came with a 12 volt acc plug (cig. lighter) and I plug it into the 12 volt oulet at the ant. amp. I am going to install a 1500 watt modified sine wave inverter within 3 feet of the batteries and will use it for coffee pot, toaster, hot plate, etc. The 1500 watt inverter comes with #2 wire 3 feet long. I know the tv and receiver will not work with the modified sine wave inverter.

markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:52 AM   #13
Originally Posted by JimF View Post
I took a different approach that any of the above mentioned. I bought a 12volt inverter off the shelf that plugs into the cigarette lighter. It supports 5 amps needed to run some medical equipment while driving. Also use it to power up the tv, haven't added a blue ray but you get the idea. No problems after 5 years doing this and it runs off the engine battery and alternator. Didn't want to go the other route for an occasional use item.

I did same. Plugs into 12v plug in antenna . Run television and direct TV receiver, Overnight, no problems.

pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote

cable, inverter