Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #1

Cable T.V

I have 2010 378. I am using a portable Sat dish with connections for two t.v's. I was able to locate the splitter outside the rig for the forward tv and run it directly to the dish but not the rear tv. I have been running it from the tv out a window, but would prefer to split it outside. Anyone know where I can find the rear splitter. Also the park cable box is not working with the dish. Second, is any one having problems with radio reception from the surround sound.
alsimmon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:16 PM   #2

Which park cable connection..the one in the back or on the side....the one on the side is an out put not input....
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Plokatronron is correct..........

Cable INPUT feed from a campground, would usually connect to the connector found in a compartment near the left rear of the motorhome.......on my rig, that's the compartment for the shoreline cord also. On the passenger side of the motorhome (usually the side where you do all your outdoor living) there is a compartment which has both an electrical outlet and a cable outlet. This is in case you wanted to have a television outside.......cable and electrical feeds provided.

I haven't improved the antennae for my radio reception yet, but I have found a thin black wire that is supposed to be a "poor man's antennae" just laying loosely in the stereo compartment. You might just want to tape it up in position around the perimeter of the compartment to improve your chances for better reception. That's what I'm going to do next week.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:30 PM   #4

I tryed the connection in the rear. I will look for that antenna for the radio. Thanks for the help.
alsimmon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #5

Just an FYI. The splitter/combiner for the cable TV input is located behind the compartment where the DVD/surround system is. You have to pull the electrical outlets out and reach your hand in to locate it. On my coach, I replaced it with a Winegard RF switchbox so you can watch a different source on the main and bedroom TVs (or the outside connector if your using it). Also, the other end of the cable marked for satellite is under a vent cap on the roof of the RV.
Owned 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS previously
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #6

Raoulwv thanks. If I read your comments correctly I assume the cable tv cable from the back is one long cable and there is a splitter up front that ties the front and back tv together. By disconnecting the cable coax from the splitter I will be able to control both tv's separately with a winegard switch by hooking one up to the cable coax and the front tv to the sat input...do I have this correct.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #7

Yes Polkatronron, that is correct. The coax connector in the outside storage compartment next to the steps also connects there.
In the overhead compartment where A/V equipment is, remove the cover where the coax comes through and also pull the AC outlets. This gives you more room to get your hand back there.
I also replaced the existing crappy dvd surround system with a Sony 5.1 receiver and separate dvd player. If your interested, I'll post photos of my install. Also, reply if you have more questions.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #8

Polkatronron, I just saw on another thread that you don't have a 378ts. After looking at your floorplan, the splitter is probably not in the location I posted. I'm sure there is one though. Mike Burns at FR helped me when I was looking for mine. The number I have for him is 574-206-7603. Good luck.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #9

Thanks Rod I appreciate your help.