Old 07-23-2016, 04:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouownbeer View Post
How do you check and adjust the tension?
I had my service center do it.
Carl

Old 07-24-2016, 02:50 AM   #12
new to georgetownMesa,

Cable Slides

My 2008 Georgetown 337 has this Accu-Slide system for keeping the slide from tilting as it goes in or out by the hydraulic system. It has eight cables, four on each end of the slide. I'm still learning how to open or close the slide without leaving too much tension on the cables to prevent their breaking. The manual that I found on the FR website says to ensure the cables have an inch or so of vertical play when the slide is in or out.

So far, have replaced several cables over the 3 years of ownership. Best repair work has been by the selling dealer (bought it used) who has become a FR dealer.

Locally in the Phoenix area, found "Little Dealer, Little Prices" in Mesa at Loop 202 and Country Club Drive to be a good repair facility. They fixed our refrigerator when others, including the selling dealer couldn't.

Jim

Old 07-24-2016, 03:17 AM   #13

Here is the manual for a accuslide about how to repair and bring it in and out with the flex connector that you should have gotten. Second Question this week on the accuslide. Maybe our Moderators can put this in the FRF library. Hope this helps some of you folks....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bedroom Slide adjustments.pdf (1.28 MB, 50 views)
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 03:44 AM   #14

Good Post WD,this can/should Help Members with their "ACCU-Slides"! Youroo!!
Old 07-24-2016, 08:53 AM   #15

We bought the RV new 2 years ago. I spent 4 days doing the PDI. When I asked about the slides, all I was told was if they fail you can't bring them in manually. I didn't know what type of slide it was, or to my knowledge given any tool to fix them. I still have all the parts. There is nothing in my manuals about the slides. I have read thru all that I was given. I don't even have the manual to my A/C units and I have one acting up. Thank you for the link. I will look at it. This is for my living room slide. I'm trying to figure out how to remove the "white cover " they put over all the cables. Thank you again. It's a little "hot " here in Phoenix and I'm a little fried right now.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdowning View Post
We bought the RV new 2 years ago. I spent 4 days doing the PDI. When I asked about the slides, all I was told was if they fail you can't bring them in manually. I didn't know what type of slide it was, or to my knowledge given any tool to fix them. I still have all the parts. There is nothing in my manuals about the slides. I have read thru all that I was given. I don't even have the manual to my A/C units and I have one acting up. Thank you for the link. I will look at it. This is for my living room slide. I'm trying to figure out how to remove the "white cover " they put over all the cables. Thank you again. It's a little "hot " here in Phoenix and I'm a little fried right now.
You have to disconnect the power to the motor at the end you will see a plug if there our just the hole you put the flex bit in then hook the other end up to the cordless drill, this will allow you to bring the slide in and out, broken cable or not the chain is what controls it. If you need a picture of the flex tool I can post it for you to see... PS: I don't know if you have a Coleman or a dometic A/C , You can get the manual on line or if it is a coleman mach I can give you that info....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:44 PM   #17

I think there are 8 cables, 4 to pull in and 4 to pull out. Determine the mfgr. and find the youtube video that shows replacement procedures.

phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, slide