Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #1

Calcium? deposit in bathroom water inlet

We have been getting a build up of what appears to be chunks of calcium in the filter on the water line feeding the toilet. It doesn't happen anywhere else in the coach and we have never had it occur on the shower or any of the taps. It doesn't seem to make a difference what water system we are connected to, the deposit becomes so bad that the flow to the toilet is almost brought to a stop within 10 days. I then disconnect the line, drain the deposit out, clean the filter, flush the line and put it back together again. Ten days later I do it again.
Anyone have any idea what's going on and can suggest a solution?
CVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
CampeRooo

Couple of thoughts....

Since this line is segregated from the rest of the coach and it has it's own filter, it makes me wonder if the filter itself might be coming apart and need to be replaced (defective) or if there is something else caught in the line and causing bits and pieces to come out over time. If it's calcium, you should be able to press it between your finger and thumb and it would crumble and fall apart in your hand and you should be seeing it throughout the rest of the coach unless you have filter differences (one that is a stronger filter then the other).

Has anything like this occurred before through the coach or anything you can think of that applied only to that water line? Such as any work that was recently completed to this line or toilet.... I don't have the answer yet, but thought at least I could help you brainstorm this one.

Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #3

Just thought I should mention that this is on a 2008 Georgetown 378TS. The toilet is a Sealand porcelain that has an inlet that delivers cold water from the general supply filtered by the whole house system. On this inlet, there is a coarse mesh filter that is collecting the aforementioned deposit and blocking the water flow. I am only guessing that it is calcium. I tried to crush it and it seems harder, almost stone like. As I mentioned before, this does not occur at the fine mesh filters on the taps.

Chuck
CVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
CampeRooo

Wow Chuck, I'll admit, you have me stumped on this one.

I did a google search to see if anyone else reported something of this nature in a similar model of coach and I ran into this thread right here on the FRF - http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tank-7471.html

Being a 2008, one would tend to believe that all of those items would have been flushed out by now, but I suspect anything is possible.

Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote