Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2018, 09:13 PM   #1

Camera Issues

I have an interesting conundrum. 2014 Forest River Georgetown XL. It has a Clarion Radio/DVD/CD/Camera. I’m sure this is familiar to most of you, it has the rear camera, the left camera which activates with the left turn signal, and the right camera which activates with the right turn signal. It works like it is supposed to except..........
if I turn on the lights (cruising or headlights), it activates the right camera. The right turn signal will remain on the right camera. The left turn signal activates the rear camera and nothing activates the left camera.
Any suggestions?
Trasher74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:11 PM   #2

Sounds like maybe an electrical issue? First I would check my lights on the rear are all working.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:35 AM   #3

Had the same issue last week. Found burnt turn signal bulb on right side of coach.
Replaced it and all works fine now.
Good luck.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:03 AM   #4

Funny, I have almost the exact same issue. When lights on and i use the right turn signal... video stays right until i use the buttons to cycle through to the rear view. When I use the left, it "usually" goes back to the rear view.

However, sometimes it all just works.

I know it is some electrical thing somewhere, not sure if it is an intermittent or bad connection somewhere but figure I just need to pull the dash piece and check all the connections. My hope is something there is the culprit.

BUT...even if i do get it to work, the POS side cameras are so hazy and blurred that they are useless (dealer did ZERO to help fix this when we got the unit --NEW). I just use the Rear View so I can keep an eye on the TOAD.
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookupAndGo View Post
Funny, I have almost the exact same issue. When lights on and i use the right turn signal... video stays right until i use the buttons to cycle through to the rear view. When I use the left, it "usually" goes back to the rear view.

However, sometimes it all just works.

I know it is some electrical thing somewhere, not sure if it is an intermittent or bad connection somewhere but figure I just need to pull the dash piece and check all the connections. My hope is something there is the culprit.

BUT...even if i do get it to work, the POS side cameras are so hazy and blurred that they are useless (dealer did ZERO to help fix this when we got the unit --NEW). I just use the Rear View so I can keep an eye on the TOAD.
Us too with the blurry side cameras. We have a 2013 378. I replaced them with new cameras and all is well after 4 years. The original cameras are made with cheap plastic lens. They started to get hazy after 6 months from new. Since we have a 2013 I am sure you have the same type lenses on yours.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:02 PM   #6

Had similar problem. Found that blinker bulbs at front beside headlamps were loose on socket connector. I thought bulbs were bad at first but once wiggled around everything started working properly. I replaced with two new bulbs with a better end on bulbs. $8 fix from auto part store. They said it was a common problem that the thinner socket bulbs would become loose with time, vibration and heat cold cycles. Causes circuit not to complete and the cameras work off those circuits.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:52 AM   #7

GABoy -- that is interesting and something good to know. I will state that sometimes I have noticed additional differences when there is rain -- sometimes makes things worse, sometimes better.

Time to pull the bulbs and do some inspection.
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:29 AM   #8

We have the same set up in our rig only use rear camera to see toad the side cameras are useless water lands on them and they are cheap plastic. We’ve also had to pull the plugs because they would freeze the whole system due to water getting inside the cameras dealer did nothing 3 x’s
jacked250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:29 PM   #9

Ok. So I have a very similar set of problems. I will check the bulbs. Also where did you buy the replacement cameras. I have a 2013 351DS
EricNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABoy View Post
Had similar problem. Found that blinker bulbs at front beside headlamps were loose on socket connector. I thought bulbs were bad at first but once wiggled around everything started working properly. I replaced with two new bulbs with a better end on bulbs. $8 fix from auto part store. They said it was a common problem that the thinner socket bulbs would become loose with time, vibration and heat cold cycles. Causes circuit not to complete and the cameras work off those circuits.
+1 exact issue with my coach previously. the bulb will light up and appear to work...just reach in and check it.....I also noticed when the issue occurs, the left side marker goes out as well....but re-seating the front signal solves both problems.