Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2018, 12:58 PM   #1

Camera monitor issue

I am having an issue with the camera monitor for lane changing, when I use the turn signals the corresponding camera turns on. when I looked at the Rig to buy it . Everything worked great, BUT, when I bought it , every thing went crazy. I figured out on my last trip, all my problems occur when I turn on my head lights? I prefer all my lights on while driving during the day, Old habits die hard. LED lights the problem or lose connections, appreciate any help!
Old 07-21-2018, 08:23 PM   #2

You need to define "everything went crazy".
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:49 PM   #3

it would switch from back camera to right camera, when left or right turn signal engaged.left camera never worked. After turn signal done it would not return to the back camera, need to push second button from the left to get the back camera to work. bumpy roads would make it switch back and forth . same 2 cameras. Turn off the lights and everything works as it should?
Old 07-21-2018, 09:30 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

This exact trouble has been discussed for years.

There’s a bad ground, somewhere amongst your lights. In all likelihood, somewhere in your front lights.

Everything works perfect without the lights on.....troubles only when lighting system turned on. Correct?

Start tracing EVERY ground wire associated with EVERY light near the front of the motorhome. Probably one of the yellow lights ......very front, side marker light, turn indicators.....not likely a headlight.

Good luck.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:34 PM   #5

that makes sense, I have seen lose grounds do some crazy things, and beings the bumpy roads at times effect it... will do exactly that. but it will not be for 2 weeks. going to cabin, we are off the grid, no motor home, no phones, no internet. just bliss for 2 weeks with all my kids and grand kids... lots of trail riding.

If any more replys, or thoughts , as to the cause, it will be continued in 2 weeks, I am not ignoring them I just wont be able to read them. Thanks again.
David
Old 07-22-2018, 10:26 AM   #6

just completed a 4k mile trip. had lots of trouble with the cameras. the side view cameras would turn on and off at random, then the rear audio came on while driving forward. eventually lost all camera activity. found the problem. while running the engine ac, condensation was forming on the duct work, dripping off, and had infiltrated the camera control module that some genius had attached to a board directly under the ducts. removed the module, dried it out, but unfortunately 1 integrated circuit had already burned out. at least was able to get mt rear camera back. will replace the unit and relocate it to a drier location.
gforgot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:07 PM   #7

Had the exact same issue with my 364ts. Found burnt signal light bulb on the passenger side. When I would turn on my headlights, the camera would immediately switch to that side view. Turn on all your lights and hazards and have DW go outside and check that they are all working. Mine was not....just my 2 cents. Good luck.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:41 PM   #8
Kanadian Kamper

Daroyaci could very well be into something.

With a burnt out light, a ground return could be missing. Seriously....
Check the lamps very closely. There are a number of dual filament bulbs all around the Georgetown. Make sure you look and compare both sides very closely to see if a running lamp is burnt out.

The trouble is only reported when the full lighting system is on.

Hmmmmmm.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:29 PM   #9

Thanx EV1 found problem, front right running /turn signal socket dirty. removed the bulb clean socket, install, and working, I am in California and prefer driving with my lights on! For some reason people can't see the (huge) RV unless the bright lights hit their eyes. lol .
David